What's new

SOTD "Free Week" May 6th to May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, May5th 2024

Razor : Gem Micromatic OC, Mfg 1930-41, mid to upper mid range. Built to last generations and has a rack and pinion system to tighten the blade up against the blade stops. Made of brass with a chromed nickel finish that holds up to the riggers of continuous use over time. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(10) Very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Proraso Green- Mentholated paste with a eucalyptus scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Viper" 24mm boar bristle. Excellent lather generator, soft split end boar bristle hairs, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. Used a different shave old bowl made in Germany, odd looking style that never caught on as a good bowl.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Proraso Green with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Gem Micromatic with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD May 6 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

IMG_6653.jpeg

Monday, May 6, 2024

Pre-Shave: cold water splash / YBN Glycerin
Razor: DSCosmetic V92 (scalloped cap)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Brush: Mühle Purist Silvertip Badger Ebonite
Bowl: DSC scuttle
Soap: Barrister and Mann - Spice
A/S: Old Spice - Classic
EdP: Byredo - Oud Immortel

My very first shave with this new brass razor from DSC, and a stunningly good and uneventful DFS in two passes (both WTG) with touchups. This razor has quite the blade feel and it is quite audible. Nonetheless, it is not difficult to wield and it did provide for a very comfortable shave.

The V92 is crafted very precisely, the blade sits perfectly on the plate with no part of the blade sticking out to the sides. Blade gap is .92 mm, I'm not sure how much blade exposure it has. Even with that relatively high gap I never felt the razor to be overly aggressive. Just right in the middle for a close and comfortable shave without irritation.

SOTD: 7th May 2024.

51.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10005.
Face Lather.
Lather: La Barbiera Summer Fruit Shaving Soap.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D3)
Razor: Ming Shi 2000s Futur clone. (Settings) 3-wtg,4-atg,+pick ups.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils, 5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men 2 Phase + P&G Old Spice Original ASL Mixture + Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

(Face & Head Shave)

Another smooth performance from the Ming Shi 2000s Futur clone/Dorco Prime Platinum duo.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

IMG_3409.JPG

Razor: Yates Precision Stainless Winning
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (4th use)
Brush: Omega S-Brush S10019
Soap: Proraso Green
Aftershave: Adidas Champions

Nice BBS shave. The aftershave has some pretty nice menthol, less than Proraso Green aftershave, but has a more prominent mint note that I was expecting from Proraso Green.

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Sandelholz Rasierseife Beruhigend
Brush
Paladin El Dorado
Bowl
Captains Choice Copper
Razor
Feather AS-D2
Blade
Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso ASB
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo, Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
This was the fifth consecutive day I used my Feather AS-D2 razor with a Feather blade. The blade continues to feel fresh and sharp. Today’s brush is a Paladin El Dorado, one of my favorite brushes. I tend to prefer larger brushes and this one is a perfect size. I am using the Haslinger soap for the 9th consecutive day. Today’s shave was perfect. Have a wonderful day.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Tuesday, May 7th 2024

Razor : Yaqi 2n Gen Mellon head 316 SSP with a Yaqi Chippendale 316 SSP handle. Mfg 2023>, mid range. Excellent machining and finish QC for my shaving needs. This little razor head has not let me down for performance and is one of the better razors I have ever owned. Why Mr Mellon never pushed this head up to this this aggression is beyond me back in the 1940's, he would of been a huge success story, he just wanted mild razors for what ever reason and did not offer more variant ranges of aggression.
Had a excellent close comfortable stellar shave once again.
Blade : Personna red(3) sharp and smooth with excellent longevity.
Soap : Speick stick, very enjoyable mild spicy scented hard soap with some of the best lather qualities i have used over the last 7 years. Excellence at its best and affordable also to most folks IMO.
Brush : Yaqi "Red stripped Zebra" 26mm snow leopard knot. Excellent lather generator, heavenly luxury cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Does not get much better for my shaving needs, 26mm synthetics rock!
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda cologne aftershave splash + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning with my Yaqi 2nd Generation Mellon head with a Personna red blade. (Does not much better for myself.)
SOTD May 7 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Tuesday Morning Whisker Mayhem

Not bad for a two pass and some clean up. Took the hard puck to my face like a shave stick and then
the long handle Boar did the trick.

Valet AutoStrop VC1 Razor
GEM PTFE Blade (4X) - Modified
Abbate Y La Mantia Blue Tobacco Hard Soap
Long Handle Boar Brush
Citrus Musk Splash On

Gillette Cool Wave Aftershave

IMG_0561-compressed.jpeg

May 7, 2024 Tuesday SOTD

Razor: Karve Overlander, brass
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (3)
Soap: Razorock XXX
Brush: AP Shave Co. G5A
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavyweight copper
Post shave: Barbero alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Captain's Choice Nor'easter

This was another stellar shave with the Overlander and Personna Lab Blue. No drama, no irritation.
Today was the first use of the Razorock XXX soap. It performs very well and was a bargain at $5 during the recent sale. Lovely soap!

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 05_07_24.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom