What's new

Yaqi Ghost 70 vs Ghost 90

Agreed with @Dtwonvino, the Ghost is more like a Game Changer, 76 is a good bet. You're right, the Ghost is less efficient than the 84p, which I have.

The Salient felt more like a Blackbird Lite to me. So these are very different razors. One should not think you're getting a clone, they only look like each other.

I notice Yaqi now offers the Ghost 90 in a Titanium dual comb version with that newer cross-hatched pattern handle.
Ghost90DCTi.jpg

Back to the Ghost .90 SS.

Again, I enjoyed the shave. The Ghost is a lovely shaver with medium aggressiveness. Karve CB with C Plate comes to mind.

It's an excellent daily driver. The Nacet is a great match with this razor, the Ghost prefers a sharp blade (on my face, that is). Today's strokes felt nice and smooth, the blade feel is gentle but gives a fine dose of tactile feedback. The results are sufficiently close.

Thanks to the .90 blade gap there's no need to strictly keep that one (limiting) shaving angle, shallow to neutral, neutral to steep - all these angles do work. The razor head features an top notch maneuverability and a very good blade camping. Thus it's not a loud razor.

20240513_154915.jpeg
Overall, shaving with this razor is a satisfying joy. Speaking of "top notch" - isn't the finish a looker?

I only can repeat myself, the .90SS is the superior tool in comparison to the .70 Scl SS - for me and my needs.

Now, just in case Yaqi is reading this: I'd be all over a SS Ghost with 1.10 gap... 😎 but then again, the .90 SS shaves just so gentle and pretty... why would I bother with more aggressive characteristics?

Top Bottom