What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Enjoying my new springtime blend. HH Louisiana Red mixed w/ WCC Simply Orange in the ‘23 LE Tinksy. Great smoking combo!

IMG_6465.jpeg

After a mild workout and various errands this morning, I settled down with a post-breakfast pipe. Some shreds of a Romeo y Julieta cigarillo mixed with Peterson Early Morning Pipe ("Early Morning Cigar," perhaps?) went into my venerable Peterson 307 from the '80s. I loaded it using a mix of the Frank method and the Charles Peterson "system pipe loading" method, and it seemed to work well: about thirty minutes' puffing, with only two or three relights.

This evening's pipes: A J.Everett with a great blast that I received in a trade for fountain pens and ink, loaded with Sutliff Mark Twain; a Briar Work's Bull Moose, the PSD POY for 2021, with Haunted Bookshop; a Radice Rind Billiard with faux bamboo shank, one of the PSD POYs for 2019, with WC Off the Rails. Famous Grouse Smoky Black on the side.
20240505.jpg

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I mixed together some lightly rubbed out Lakeland Dark 2:1 with some lightly rubbed out Firedance. It felt a little too moist to light though, so I packed my Parker Poker, then set it aside.

I then stared packing a cob with some MySmokingShop Gentleman's Choice. There was a couple of big chunks of plug in it, and as I rubbed that out, that also felt too moist, so that pipe got set aside as well.

At this point I'm lining myself up as a slow motion KellyG, packing the third pipe, but planning to smoke them over a couple or three days.

The second cob got packed with Charatan Victorian Mixture, and I actually managed to smoke that one.

Up this evening: KG Sutliff VaPer 2.0 in a Radice Rind Billiard, the "Hippie Band" version of the 2019 PSD POY; WC Old Dominion in the new Northern Briars Rox Cut Regal Jade G4 Panel; Cringle Flake Holiday Edition 2019 in the 2023 Tinsky BL LE. Good tobacco, good pipes, and perhaps my favorite whisky on the side. Lagavulin 16 that my wife gave me for my birthday. I'm a fortunate & grateful man.
20240506_2.jpg

Top Bottom