What's new

A bit shocked by FlyDears

I've tried three or four Chinese blades in the past, and none were even close to usable for me. The past four days I've used a FlyDear in my daily razor (Rockwell 6S/4-plate), and I'm a bit shocked. Sharp, smooth, comfortable two-pass, BBS shaves with virtually no irritation. Blown away enough that I just ordered 100 from AliExpress ($6.31 shipped). I'll be alternating them with my long time favorite German Wilkinson Swords. Best shaving surprise I've had in a long time.

Here is an ongoing discussion about them:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'm still puzzling over the name, not particularly fond of any species of flies (so far, anyway). And what do flies have to do with razor blades? There must be an inscrutable oriental meaning.
download.jpg

The inventor asked his wife what he should call them.
At that moment, she noticed his zipper was down.

Last edited:
I agree, the FlyDear Super Platinum blades work really well for me too. I currently have 8 shaves on one and it is still cutting perfectly and super smooth. The comments about the name are hilarious!

Urge to buy rising...rising...

Damn it. I'm telling myself if things go well with the VA, my reward will be the 3+ hour trip up to...Shembechler Country, or the State That Shall Not Be Named, to spend with reckless abandon at Maggards.

[If it goes really well, I want to make this trip in a turbo-charged, convertible Mini Cooper while wearing Dad's Ray Bans]

Must...stay...focused...

Damn it. I'm telling myself if things go well with the VA, my reward will be the 3+ hour trip up to...Shembechler Country, or the State That Shall Not Be Named, to spend with reckless abandon at Maggards.

[If it goes really well, I want to make this trip in a turbo-charged, convertible Mini Cooper while wearing Dad's Ray Bans]

Must...stay...focused...
I just saw your avatar on the AliExpress site, lol! You really like the Suneko. Are these equal you think?

I just saw your avatar on the AliExpress site, lol! You really like the Suneko. Are these equal you think?
I haven't tried a FlyDear yet. But as I am the bold discoverer of the Suneko, I am inclined to behave in a bombastic manner. Therefore, I scoff at the FlyDear. I scorn. I am dismissive!

Just kidding. I'm actually curious about these. I like my Sunekos, which I consider the best China makes. But I also like my Jifuli. A fine "one and done", reasonably priced.

And if I was stranded on an island, referring to a soccer ball as "Wilson", I could probably get by with a "Swedish Quality" blade named "Maticgol". But that is really pushing the boundaries of tolerance.

Must...stay...focused...

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

I'm trying out both Sunekos and FlyDears at the moment. I find the FlyDear to be marginally sharper, and the Suneko to be marginally smoother. Both good blades, though. The remind me of the Astra SPs I was getting a decade ago. FlyDears are cheaper and more widely available on Aliexpress and Temu.

Have you had good luck with Temu?

I have. They shipped quickly and the item reached me within a couple weeks. Their website UI/UX is hot garbage, but the service seems pretty good. Keep in mind they have a $15 minimum per order, so you can't just buy a single 100-pack of FlyDears--you'll have to throw something else into the cart. I wouldn't have minded trying out a Yaqi razor, but they don't seem to have those on Temu.

The best deal on FlyDears is on AliExpress. Look for the Choice deals where you spend $10 (not a hard and fast rule though enforced by the app) to get free shipping. I have bought 2 100 packs for slightly less than $10 shipped, sales tax included.

Just used a FlyDear this morning. Not as smooth as the KCG I used last week but sharp enough. Reminded me of a Sharp Titanium oddly enough. I used a Game Changer .84.

This is a good deal, but Dorco ST300s can be had currently for $6.75/100, and I do think I like the Dorco a little more. Ditto with the Treet Platinum at $6.99/100.

I had good experiences with the flydear too. Rockwell, r89 all fine. In the r41 the shave felt during shave a bit uncomfortable, especially when riding the guard, but the result was excellent too.

Top Bottom