Tuesday April 23, 2024
Bowl: Shave Nation
Brush: Simpson X3
Lather: Tabac
Razor: Henson ++ (171)
Blade: Crystal Israeli (1)

IMG_6883.jpg

@WhiskerLess wrote:

“How can you tell you have tighten your razor just to the point of its ideal torque?”

I tighten it until it stops. I don’t attempt over tightening because it’s not required. It’s machined to extremely tight tolerances. Love the engineering!

My 1st try with the Henson i under tightened - result was irritation (especially the neck area) and a rough(ish) shave.
Once tightened a lovely smooth shave.

How can you tell you have tighten your razor just to the point of its ideal torque?
I hope it doe not sound like spam, since I have posted it in other occasions. but the easiest and safest way to avoid overtightening it (any regular DE razor by the way) is to flex the blade into the right position by hand not "by handle".

How?

a) Put the paper that comes with your blade over the countertop. Or use a towel, same thing.
b) Put the cap of your razor over the paper, upside-down of course.
c) Position you blade.
d) Position the base over the blade.
e) With two fingers, one near each short edge of the head, press the base down, hard. This allows to flex the blade and to clamp it.
f) Keep the base down while you rotate the handle until it stops. The handle does not meet any resistance or friction since the blade is already properly flexed.
g) Press harder with your fingers to see if the handle can go few degrees further, but if you have pressed hard enough usually it does not.
h) Lift your fingers.
i) Done

No washers, no wear, nothing. Proper torque. Blade is properly flexed and clamped.

To remove the blade, do the above, in reverse.

Last edited:
My second shave with Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum was fantastic. Used ATG with the Henson Mild.
Zero tugging, my skin did not feel anything during and after the shave. Super sharp, super gentle. First time I have ever used one of these blades, I want to see tomorrow how it goes with the third shave but I already consider them at the level of old the Polsilver and the Wizamet. Excellent.

IMG_2054.jpeg

You cannot see all items he sells unless you go to a European eBay.
Shipping is very reasonable.

The second order I placed last week did not ship and the vendor sent me a refund today.
He also sent me a message saying he was sorry he could not fulfil the order and added that he is going to open a new account soon, not sure why since he does not show a bad feedback profile.
He did not say why he could not ship. His status says that he is on vacation at the moment.

Top Bottom