What's new

ADJUSTABLE APRIL 2024

AA ‘24

The Osprey Ti delivered and then some. Just about perfect in weight & balance with excellent feedback during both passes. Went with setting #5 then to #4 for the final pass. Titanium for me has always been the optimal alloy for face feel & comfort and the Osprey Ti is no exception in this regard. It just feels right in the hands and even better on my face. Shave wise not a single complaint. The stainless is great but, the Ti just takes it to another level of shave nirvana. The Ethos shave stick is a real nice alternative for a quick shave when time is of the essence. A couple quick passes on the face and let the brush do its work making some gorgeous face suds. And lastly, get yourselves some Schick de blades Gents, these things deliver both smoothness and sharpness. Not Feather or Top tier Gillettes but, it’s close enough. Price & availability is the only caveat but, it’s worth it to me.

Great shaves to all…

E77FAD0F-15FD-4E5E-A8F2-46A354F8713A.jpeg

Adjustable April 24 - Shave 24

Apollo Mikron - Gen 1
Gillette Spoiler
Yaqi Synthetic Cashmere
Master Soap Creations - Zeus God of Thunder Soap and Splash

I had this Apollo Mikron - Gen 1 planned for the weekend but my early appointment was moved so I had some extra time on my hands and decided to use it today. So glad that I did.

It has some flea bites and some plate loss but there is just something awesome about shaving with it. Its reasonably aggressive so a BBS is quite easy to achieve.

sotd240424.jpg

AA ‘24

The Ascension by PAA is a heck of a shaver. No number dial or click adjustment but, it’s an adjustable by design in small turn increments And it delivers consistently smooth and efficient shaves. Today was no exception by giving it an 1/8 of a turn out from full lock. Really an awesome shave.

Great shaves to all….

2F5B5666-E224-4CBC-99F0-AB688CE43DB4.jpeg

Adjustable April 24 - Shave 25

Walbusch B5
Wizamet SI
Alpha Outlaw - Manchurian
Wriggly Tin - Spicy Bay Rum
Master Soap Creations - ??? Splash

This is undoubtably my favorite Adjustable Slant. Its been in my collection for a while. It has a few flea bites but they don't distract from the shave. I wish that Merkur would re-introduce it

sotd240425.jpg

Le Coq Licence "Palmer" • Perma-Sharp
Hampshire Wool Fat no.1 • Globusmen boar
IMG_20240425_081519599.jpg

This is my favourite of the License Palmers - both in looks and (if only marginally) performance. I know these divide opinions but I never get anything but a fantastically smooth and effective shave, provided it's set reasonably high. Always a pleasure.

Razor: 61 Fatboy G3
Blade: Perma-Sharp
Brush: Chisel & Hound
Soap: Summer Break Trouble Maker
Splash: Summer Break Trouble Maker

This Fatboy is the one that sent me down the vintage rabbit hole and is the 3rd razor I owned. I figured the soap and splash were perfect for the trouble making this razor has made my bank account!

IMG_0492.jpeg

Adjustable April 24 - Shave 26

Gillette Bottom-Dial
Gillette Spoiler
Omega - Boar
BunduBeard - Cedarberg Citrus
Master Soap Creations - Sample Menthol Splash

FatBoy Friday - Lets use the Bottom-Dial.
This bad boy needs no intro. It shares the head of the F4 Toggle, so the shave is very similar however I prefer the balance of the Bottom-Dial.

sotd240426.jpg

Top Bottom