What's new

ADJUSTABLE APRIL 2024

9E373D8C-1221-46D1-91DB-213C904D80B2.jpeg

Fatboy razor/Shark Platinum blade

Fourth shave with the Gillette Slim and second on setting 7. Shave was good but I over-hydrated the lather and it wasn’t as slick as usual. Still, no irritation post-shave so I have to give credit to the razor for being effective yet easy on the skin. Moving up to setting 9 for the next shave. Very impressed by the Slim.

E406EFF6-B9E0-411E-A5DE-6C00D1A27A4B.jpeg

Wow, you cut off the sides then welded another plate on top, then drilled holes through the top cap?
I'm not sure I would be brave and handy enough to pull that off. 😅

The blade punching works great for me on the stiffer blades, but more flexible ones cause me some headaches.
I'll try just trimming the edges next time, I received plastic blade holders from Black-Tie that should keep the blade in place.

I made a completely new "middle plate" with the stem. See HERE

Blade punching works plenty fine. I made this punch that does all the alignment for me a few months before lockdown.

Then one night during lockdown, I got the idea of the new middle plate.
Were it not for the lockdown, I'm not sure that would have happened??

proxy.php

AA24 Shave 19

Gillette Franken FatBoy
Wizamet SI
Rubberset 400
River Valley Trading - Frosty Bay Rum
Master Soap Creations - Splash

I decided to a FatBoy Friday today - except that this is a Franken-FatBoy and was built and gifted to me by Adam (so HUGE THANKS).

It works pretty much like a FatBoy except that the doors have to be opened slightly to adjust it - which is what most of you Gillette adjustable users do anyway!
It feels close to a Slim, but about one setting more aggressive.

A truly awesome shave to ease me towards the weekend.

sotd240419.jpg

Day 19, Pearl Flexi SB

20240418_155059-01.jpeg

I've been flying under the radar in the last three days, but I had some nice shaves with the setup pictured (I rotated the brushes, though).

I chose settings from 2 to 5 for my shaves in course of the last couple of days. Smooth sailing here, no matter which setting I went with. Not one single weeper. The Nacet seems to be a perfect partner in crime. 😉

Cheers!

Covering Vintage and Adjustable April with a Gillette Slim, Astra sp, Opal Boar and Tabac soap. This is one of the razors that came in the lot I picked up this week and I noticed last night that is my mother's birth year which is one I didn't have yet. So why not give it a cleaning and use it for todays shave.
1713528895184.png

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Yaqi Ultima / Dorco Prime
UltimaGG.jpg

Shave at 3/6.x. I am fine again. It's raining this week, but how to avoid pollen while trailrunning in the forest? Guess that will be a challenge if not impossible.

Neither the Dorco blades, razor, lather nor alcohol or menthol were to blame. Birch pollen is my exclusive enemy. 🙈

AA ‘24

This was a very good shave in which the Variant OC with the Feather paired exceptionally well in slicing and dicing the whiskers. This version of the Variant is Parker’s best yet as it is both smooth & efficient as it can be the perfect daily with little blade feel in the lower settings to really taking on multiple days worth of tough stubble. The Feather really felt good and smooth with no harsh effect in which Feather’s can be known for at first shave. Just great results.

Great shaves to all…

60EDF18D-41A0-46D0-AFA5-CE896D49EB84.jpeg

Adjustable April Shave 20

Yaqi Ultima Open Comb
Wizamet SI
Rubberset 400 / Synthetic Grey knot
BunduBeard - Emperors Affair
Master Soap Creations - Louie Splash

Released early this year, these are slightly more efficient than their SB brother. The finish on them is awesome as I have come to expect from the Yaqi Stainless Steel Adjustables.

The Rubberset has a Grey Synthetic knot, the blade was a Wizamet SI and the software was BunduBeards Emperors Affair soap and Master Soap Creations - Louie Splash.

WhoWoo - Weekend is here!

sotd240420.jpg

Wow, there are some nice razors in this thread. Thanks for sharing gentlemen.

I hope I am not too late for the party!

I had a good DFS++ today with my Rex Ambassador XL (6 WTG, 3 ATG, 1,5 ATG - Cleanup). New to my routine is the Manufactum Bay Rum and Shea Butter.
I really like the combination so far.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Razor: Rex Ambassador XL
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (1)
Brush: Mühle Sophist STB
Preshave: Proraso White
Soap: Phoenix Dapper Doc's
Aftershave: Manufactum Bay Rum & Manufactum Shea Butter

IMG_9484.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom