What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

This morning I loaded the Dr Grabow Collector 2003 with BCA on top of a few Keystones.

ResizedImage_2023-08-06_05-00-18_2673.jpg

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I have way too many open jars of tobacco. Some tobacco just never did anything for me. I decided to try to smoke through jars until completion. This leads me to this blend. I bought Capstan because everyone who like Virginias raves about it. Well fresh, I didn’t feel it was that great to buy multiples. Flash forward two years and this think is quite good. I am seriously considering sticking up now for two years down the road.

Last night's after-dinner smoke consisted of a little Stirling Flake plus Capstan Blue in the new-to-me pre-1980 Large Chimney from Orlik. I puffed gently for about fifteen minutes, then set it aside with a pipe cleaner up the spout. Now, over coffee, I'm finishing the bowl. It's not bitter or hot, but it is demanding frequent relights. Still, a nice wake-up.

And the Orlik (which I keep wanting to type as "Orlink") is a very good pipe. It would give me longer smokes if I wanted them. Plus, now that I've learned to clench a little higher up the long stem, it no longer vibrates as I hold it in my teeth -- a natural problem, I guess, with longer straight pipes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom