SOTD:
Razor: Henson AL13+++
Blade: New Lord Platinum (4)
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green
Cream: Gillette Pure
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Aftershave: Gillette Cool Wave
066_01_19 conv.jpeg

My Friday gratuitous shave with my Henson AL13+++ was my best shave of the week. The razor is surprisingly fun! Oh, great results as well. I'm hooked. :001_smile

Too early for me to say, but at the first shave with the Kai, I am not sure they are particularly sharp. I felt a little more resistance than with other blades that I have tried so far. Maybe a little deeper, perhaps due to the fact that they are slightly wider?
After two hours I can confirm absolute zero irritation. I liked it but I have to use it more.

1000001204.jpg

Razor: Henson AL13 +
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (1)
Brush: Mondial Boar
Cream: Palmolive Rinfrescante
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Aftershave Balm

Just got the Henson, so first shave for me with this one. It was pretty good - very mild and forgiving 😅
But maybe I took too many passes because of this.

Too early for me to say, but at the first shave with the Kai, I am not sure they are particularly sharp. I felt a little more resistance than with other blades that I have tried so far. Maybe a little deeper, perhaps due to the fact that they are slightly wider?
After two hours I can confirm absolute zero irritation. I liked it but I have to use it more.
That reflects my experience with them. They're not the sharpest, but they maintain their edge longer than other DE blades and are very consistent.
Testing the Kai with the Gillette Tech, ATG.
WTG and XTG with the Henson +++ and Astra SP as usual.

Good morning!

View attachment 1829301

What did you learn, @Omega48?
I'm curious about this as well. The Tech tends to work very well with Kai blades for me, but I don't shave ATG very much.

I opted for the aggressive this morning
IMG_8447.jpeg

What I learned today, let's see.

• The Kay is an excellent blade. As it happens with other blades, during the second shave it seemed to be shaper than during the first one.
  • The above remains one of the biggest mysteries of life, like magnetism, the Big Bang, or why facial hair does not grows fast enough, but it is what it is.
  • My hybrid Ti/AL Henson Mild remains my preferred razor.
  • However the little Tech is evidence that you do not need to spend a fortune to have a great shave. Just too little for me.
  • Shavemac Silvertip D01 knots improve with time. Mine is slowly becoming a great brush.
  • I can use a lot of menthol, 1.5 grams/100 ml ratio. That is amazing, before my two years sabbatical I was sensitive to menthol.

Third save with the same Kai today, again with the Henson Mild, ATG.
This time I felt some resistance, it was not as smooth as yesterday. Still a very deep shave, however this time I felt as if it was a little harder on the skin. The result was not a real irritation but.... something. I am not going to use it for a fourth shave.
I don't think it is MY blade, but I still have 19 more blades, so there is room for changing my mind.

April 15, 2024 Monday shave

Razor: Henson AL13+++ V2
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Soap: Black Ship Siren's Song, sample
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Timberwolf
Post shave: Osma alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Fine Snake Bite

I used the Henson +++ for a change. It's wonderfully efficient and easy to use. It's just slightly more efficient than my go-to Overlander.
To me, the +++ is THE Henson razor.
No weepers, etc. and no irritation.
The Black Ship soap worked out well. It was the first use of a sample that's been sitting for a year and a half.

10/10

Enjoy your day, even if it is Monday!

SOTD 04_15_24.jpg

Top Bottom