What's new

What Are You Reading?

I Love Russia by Elena Kostyuchenko. Non-fiction. She is an ex Novaya Gazeta reporter. About a quarter of the way in. She loves her country but because of what is going on she had to leave. Kind of sad.

1712026942978.png

Finished this one ☝️ Fantastic read! There’s always been a bit of comic relief in the series but, this was the first that had a good bit of it! Thoroughly enjoyed this book!

Taking a, albeit probably short, break from the Sackett Series to read book two of the Space Trilogy, Perelandra:
View attachment 1815104
Done with this one ☝️
For me, this one was a challenge and a lot more abstract than the other two in the trilogy.
Spot on. I did find it somewhat intriguing to hear Lewis’ take on a world creation story and how it could look different if there isn’t the fall that happened in Genesis. Quite a slow moving book though.
Very much. Much more of a thriller.
I’m looking forward to this one. Going to read a few other books before I start the third in the series. Looking forward to it though! 😃

Speaking of on to this one in the Sackett series: book 10 of 17
IMG_9142.jpeg

(Hell's Library series #1) 3.5* I really enjoyed the world that Hackwith has created here. The unique concept has many thoughtful lines throughout the narrative. The pacing bogs down a bit in the middle, and the characters never really made me care much for them, but the world is top notch. I believe this is the first book she has written, and imagine that will improve. I'll be on the lookout for Hell's Library #2.

1712576076940.png

IMG_0204.jpeg
Boy, can Hitch write. I agree with him about 50% of the time but he’s always engaging. I‘m almost finished with the audiobook but I skipped alot of the deep dive into English politics. I wish he had read the book for the audio, it would have been much better.

IMG_0205.jpeg
Starting this and didn’t see the movie so no preconceived notions.

I saw a description that if Michael Crichton wrote a superhero book, it would look like this. Fairly accurate. This is my 3rd Crouch book, and I’ve really enjoyed how he uses family to motivate his characters. The story for this wasn’t my favorite of his, but he nailed the ending. 4*
1713383923492.png

I saw a description that if Michael Crichton wrote a superhero book, it would look like this. Fairly accurate. This is my 3rd Crouch book, and I’ve really enjoyed how he uses family to motivate his characters. The story for this wasn’t my favorite of his, but he nailed the ending. 4*
View attachment 1831141
I just realized I have had this one for a while on my kindle app. Forgot all about it. Next up for me. 👍

Just finished The Count of Monte Cristo. I read the unabridged version translated by Robin Buss and published by Penguin. It was a phenomenal read, a masterpiece. It is long but I loved reading every minute of it and wished there was more!

I got that same edition for Christmas — it's on my list.

Done with this one ☝️

Spot on. I did find it somewhat intriguing to hear Lewis’ take on a world creation story and how it could look different if there isn’t the fall that happened in Genesis. Quite a slow moving book though.

I’m looking forward to this one. Going to read a few other books before I start the third in the series. Looking forward to it though! 😃

Speaking of on to this one in the Sackett series: book 10 of 17
View attachment 1823802
Nice, fellow L'Amour fan I see.

Haven't had much time for reading lately but I think the last thing I read (a couple of months ago now) was "Welcome Home" by Stuart McLean, a collection of short stories from small towns all across Canada. Really enjoyed the book, some excellent real life stories of small-town life and historical accounts of various lesser known areas across seven of our ten provinces.
And now I want to visit the Maritimes provinces even more!

Top Bottom