What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

Heard good reviews about Chinese Flydear razor blades so I checked them out on Aliexpress. So here is the thing. They offer a huge discount on your first purchase on certain items. Flydear was one of them . 3.99 euros for 100 with shipping. Thought “ what the heck I’ll try” Got them and tried them out. Not bad at all. So I created a new account and wait for it… 0,49. cents for 100 with delivery .Kid you not. 3 weeks later and got them today.Probably fake fakes but 0,49 cents for 100 blades!?!
I followed you example. 49 cents for 100 blades that has good reviews here. Why not !

There was one thing that I thought was strange. On the first blade I pulled out of the pack of 100, the wrapping had what looked like some green ink on it. 🤷‍♂️ Second wrapped blade had it too, third blade did not. No idea. As far as I could tell everything else seemed legit.

Uggg. Hopefully it isn’t mold.

So now the list is down to fake or a third party repackage.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
100 Loi, 100 Sharp Titanium. They were on sale and I like the Loi. The Sharp Titanoum are either the same blade in a different wrapper or slightly sharper. As far as asinine impulse buys go, this was good.
IMG_1427.jpeg

There was one thing that I thought was strange. On the first blade I pulled out of the pack of 100, the wrapping had what looked like some green ink on it. 🤷‍♂️ Second wrapped blade had it too, third blade did not. No idea. As far as I could tell everything else seemed legit.View attachment 1817197

Uggg. Hopefully it isn’t mold.

So now the list is down to fake or a third party repackage.

I may have been too hasty in my judgement.

Saw the following picture in another thread and the green stain on your tuck looks very similar to the color of the wrappers of the newly renamed blades from the same plant:

1711307408484.png

taken from post #58 of this thread:

100 Perma-Sharp half blades - wanted to compare to the full size Perma-Sharp DE blade(one of my favorite blades) to see if they perform the same
100 Treet Dura Sharp - The Treet Falcon works well for me so I wanted to try the Treet Dura Sharp and they were on sale for $4.99/100
100 LOI Titanium - The Sharp Titanium works great for me so I wanted to try the LOI Titanium and they were on sale for $5.99/100

100 Perma-Sharp half blades - wanted to compare to the full size Perma-Sharp DE blade(one of my favorite blades) to see if they perform the same
100 Treet Dura Sharp - The Treet Falcon works well for me so I wanted to try the Treet Dura Sharp and they were on sale for $4.99/100
100 LOI Titanium - The Sharp Titanium works great for me so I wanted to try the LOI Titanium and they were on sale for $5.99/100
I spent all of February using a single Dura Sharp for a One Blade Challenge. It's a good blade and very sharp initially though the fall-off after 1 or 2 shaves is fast. I was eyeing those low AMZ prices, but I didn't need any more Treets. I did get a pack of the Cloud Bruce Lees just for the giggles.

Unfortunately, these are the only photos I took. I didn’t notice any spelling errors on them. The 120 packs had what looks like the German made blades, which are good blades don’t get me wrong but not what I wanted, already have a handful or two of those. The straight 100 packs have unmarked blades in them. First shave with one of those is what made me question the authenticity.
View attachment 1816660View attachment 1816659View attachment 1816662View attachment 1816661View attachment 1816663
Hope this helps. 🤷‍♂️

Buyer beware I suppose!
We need the people that decoded the Enigma machine during WWII to look into Personna blades so we can finally figure out which ones are which and where they are made. May not happen because they're all probably dead.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
We need the people that decoded the Enigma machine during WWII to look into Personna blades so we can finally figure out which ones are which and where they are made. May not happen because they're all probably dead.
I have 600 of the Personna USA blades I bought on Amazon months ago. I'm waiting for the dust to settle before I would be tempted to add any of the new AccuTec offerings.

Top Bottom