What's new

🧑‍🚀🌝🪐💫☄️ This week’s SOTD thread March 25th to Sunday 31st March theme is Space Week. 🛰️🛸🚀📡🌞

Status
Not open for further replies.
1711623167216.png

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Soap/Cream
Vintage Williams
Brush
B&B LE 2014
Bowl
Old Spice Mug + Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Henson AL++
Blade
Personna Medical Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Duke Cannon ASB
Fragrance
Beverly Hills Polo Club
Rating
10/10
Comments
I am back home after a two – week fishing trip. While away I used my travel setup: A Gillette Red Tip Razor and a Rudy Vey synthetic. This is the 4th shave with my Henson AL++ paired with a Personna Medical Prep blade. The Williams soap was used for the 98th time. The shave was perfect. Have a great day, folks.

The Key to Space is losing weight: The Rise of Aluminum

Razor: Design94 Aviation94 (aluminum) OnFire (red)
Blade: AmSafe Apache Titanium (haven’t found an aluminum blade)
Brush: Alpha Shaving T-400 (aluminum)
Bowl: Granite
Preshave: Crew Ultra Gliding Shave Oil
Soap: Pinnacle Grooming Cristal – smells like a new box of aluminum foil, back when I was making hats all the time….
Aftershave: Pinnacle Grooming Cristal

The hiss of escaping air echoed in the sterile chamber as the astronaut tightened the grip on his aluminum razor. This metal, lighter than steel yet strong as his resolve, held a secret history intertwined with humanity's celestial dance.

Aluminum wasn't always a friend to the skies. For centuries, it remained a frustrating curiosity, a silvery gleam hidden within alumina, its most abundant ore. It wasn't until 1825 that a young Danish chemist, Hans Christian Oersted, unlocked the key. Through a complex process involving electricity and molten salts, he wrestled the metal free, but at a price – aluminum was rarer than gold.

Fast forward to the dawn of the 20th century. With the Wright brothers taking flight, a new demand arose – lightweight yet robust materials. Enter a young American, Charles Hall. Independently, and almost simultaneously with a Frenchman named Paul Héroult, Hall developed a more efficient method for extracting aluminum. This breakthrough changed the game.

Aluminum wings took to the air. Early airplanes, like the Junkers J 1, were testaments to the new age. Lighter planes meant longer distances, heavier payloads, and the dream of spaceflight flickered ever brighter.

The space race ignited, and aluminum soared. Rockets like the Saturn V, the workhorse of the Apollo missions, relied heavily on aluminum for its fuel tanks and external structure. Every pound saved meant more fuel for the fiery ascent. The lunar modules, the first human outposts beyond Earth, were cocoons of aluminum, shielding astronauts from the harshness of space.

Even today, on the International Space Station, aluminum reigns supreme. From the massive truss structure to the intricate heat shields, it's the silent partner in humanity's cosmic exploration.

As he draws the razor across his face, a glint of metal catches the light. It's more than a shave; it's a connection to the pioneers who dared to dream beyond the blue, carried aloft by the strength and lightness of a once-elusive element. Today, aluminum whispers stories of the endless sky, a testament to human ingenuity and the unwavering desire to reach for the stars.

20240327_102445.jpg

Thursday Morning Bristle Banishment

Space Week - and the Razor that went to the Moon.

Can't say more about Gingers Garden Soap. Big Pour - Easy Lathering - Amazing Face Feel.
Overall a Fantastic Shave.

Gillette TechMatic S4 Razor
Gillette Adjustable Band Cartridge (2X)
Ginger's Garden Vizier Soap
Maggard TimberWolf Brush
Citrus Musk Splash On

Barrister & Mann Seville Aftershave

8C75A060-E323-4230-A854-580776A00F85-compressed.jpeg

Last edited:
Razor:parker Solo Edge
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Brush: Yaqi Atlantis
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper
Pre: Stirling Unscented soap - Proraso White cream
Lather: Zingari Man The Rambler
Aftershave: Stirling Mountain Man

Only the first shave, but the Solo Edge was comfortable and efficient

IMG_3406.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thursday, March 28th 2024

Razor : Yaqi 2nd generation Mellon 316SSP head with my 2nd purchased Yaqi Chippendale 316SSP handle (Darwin handle looking, close to resemblance to that time era for "The Grande shave King razor",1940's existence)-
Mfg 2023>, mid range. What a nice well machined and finished razor head with excellent QC. The audio feed back is a nice sizzling sound of snipped whiskers is best way to describe it. The razor is delightful to use and performs well + results do no lie. Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : GSB (2) sharp and Smoooth with reasonable longevity. Very nice blade to use on 1-3 shaves for excellent results on my beard mostly.
Soap : Razorock Santa Mari del Fiore, nice vanilla light tobacco scented soap with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Orbital ring" 24 mm boar bristle. Excellent lather generator, soft split end boar bristle hairs, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock MF splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Melon razor with a GSB blade. Lots of stellar close shaves lately, not complaining just observing!
SOTD March 28 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

March 28, 2024 Thursday shave

Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley, C OC plate, brass
Blade: FlyDear (1)
Soap: Cella Bio
Brush: Omega 10049 Professional Boar
Post shave: Osma alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer

This was a two and a half pass shave. It was great until the blade caught a cut that had healed. It's not healed anymore...
It was a very close shave, not particularly smooth.
The Christopher Bradley with C plate is much more blade forward than the Overlander, which I normally use.
It was the first time using the Cella Bio. A few more shaves will be needed to evaluate it.

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 03_27_24.jpg

20231011_082600.jpg

Razor: Rockwell T2
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Brush: Simpson Captain 2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Pre-Shave Cream
Lather: Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Nivea Post Shave Balm