What's new

Asian double-edged blades what are your preferences

What is your favorite Asian brand or razor blade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LOI Titanium, no contest. I usually alternate two razors, one with a LOI or Sharp Titanium, and one with I blade I want to evaluate. They are the standard for me.

I do have to say that, after using 3 blades out of a tuck of Dorco STP-301, I am impressed. I put 29 shaves on one in February and the most interesting piece of info I can contribute to this discussion is that there were no tea stains. I think that speaks volumes about the quality of the steel.
Yep. Love the LOI Titaniums. I need to go ahead and buy a 100 pack to have in the back of the closet for when I run through my grab bag stash of blades that I am trying.

The Ninja. Super sharp and smooth from the get-go. I like Feathers but they don't hold a candle to the Ninjas (IMO).
View attachment 1818093

Not sure how these came to be known as the Ninjas, but these Ninjas (pictured below) exist but are quite unknown/rare even in the Indian domestic market ☺️

1000003179.jpg

Bangladesh! Samah Razor Blades Industries Limited’s Loi Titanium.

Slightly sharper than my adored Shark Super Stainless blades, coated in glorious titanium for no known reason, and it’s so fun to say “Loi.”

Very curious to try these and the Sharp Titanium... I came across this older post that argues the LOI Titanium and Sharp Titanium are in fact different blades. Just FYI for everyone reading...

@cranewarrior , I think @c__port can confirm now that he’s rotating these bad boys. I’ll break into a tuck of Sharp Titanium blades after I finish one of Bolzano blades and let you know if I notice any differences with Loi and Sharp (if I leave too many tucks open, @blethenstrom will be upset with me).
Yep! I just accomplished my seemingly impossible goal of not having any opened nor loose blades in my den. One tuck at a time baby!

Correction: I have a half blade of Treet Platinum that I will be testing out in my newly PIF'd Parker SoloEdge

Bangladesh! Samah Razor Blades Industries Limited’s Loi Titanium.

Slightly sharper than my adored Shark Super Stainless blades, coated in glorious titanium for no known reason, and it’s so fun to say “Loi.”
The Sharp absolutely must-buy in order Loi Titanium ,Sharp Titan,Clifton,Champion and Abest which no one mentions.
Lately I see that in this forum Bengali Sharp blades are appreciated and I am surprised.

I haven't tried all the blades out there, but of what I have tried LOI Titanium are my favorites blades that are currently in production. I wound up trying them when I got a tuck in a mixed blade sampler pack. They were sharp and smooth for me.

From what I remember, of the other in production blades I tried, I also really like Lord Platinum, Astra SP, Asco Platinum, Shark Platinum, and Shark Chrome. OTOH, I disliked Dorco, Feather, and Shark SS.

Japan has moved to the top of the preference list.
No surprises.
It is really a pity on my part that I forgot Egypt, Turkey,Israel, Vietnam because Dorco's are no longer made in South Korea.
Maybe Indonesia and Thailand is also there?

It will be for the next survey.
I am also surprised to see that among Chinese blades Suneko has the upper hand, could we call it the surprise razor blade of 2024?

Japan has moved to the top of the preference list.
No surprises.
It is really a pity on my part that I forgot Egypt, Turkey,Israel, Vietnam because Dorco's are no longer made in South Korea.
Maybe Indonesia and Thailand is also there?

It will be for the next survey.
I am also surprised to see that among Chinese blades Suneko has the upper hand, could we call it the surprise razor blade of 2024?
No mistake in leaving out Egypt, that's north Africa, not Asia

That's right to be precise.
However, Egypt is the only other manufacturer of blades ,of the non-Western countries, that can compete with the Asians, and it is sorry to exclude them.
In this context there would actually be Russia, but including Russia would make the votes for India,Pakistan and Bangladesh much less in my opinion.
I was mainly interested in knowing the preferences for producers in East Asian countries.
Well, we will change the title and description in an upcoming comparison survey.

Last edited:
And speaking of Bangladeshi blades, I found out that these new Kyone razor blades are made by Samah Razor Blade in the same manufacturer of Sharp blades in Bangladesh.

Kyone (1).png

Top Bottom