What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
IMG_4432.jpeg

Finally switched to a different watch yesterday...
View attachment 1816331
Isn't your daily driver a brighter blue Tudor snowflake with high contrast hands? I did a double take as this watch looks like it could be Navy, so it caused me to question was it the same watch being photographed in poor lighting. But your comment and the fact that the other one has pure white hands (no metal outline IIRC) I understand that they must be different.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Isn't your daily driver a brighter blue Tudor snowflake with high contrast hands? I did a double take as this watch looks like it could be Navy, so it caused me to question was it the same watch being photographed in poor lighting. But your comment and the fact that the other one has pure white hands (no metal outline IIRC) I understand that they must be different.
Yes, it is blue, but it looks darker than the Pelagos, probably depending on the lighting. If I find the time I take a side-by-side picture.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I’M DONE WITH SEIKO…. and I love them! 😀

After discovering this glorious/dreadful hobby in 2022, I started out by dipping my toe in the Seiko pool with a Seiko Recraft..
IMG_8956.jpeg

After the Recraft, I started to come out of my watch-collecting shell and added the Seiko Turtle SPRE03 to the collection.
IMG_8958.jpeg

After removing the candy bar magnifier and adding a Strapcode Beads of Rice bracelet to the Turtle, I felt the need for speed… Speedtimer, that is. So the SSC813 joined the family as well as another Strapcode jubilee bracelet.
IMG_8957.jpeg

With a Seiko chronograph now in the collection, Seiko released a killer GMT, so naturally, I had to get the SSK003.

IMG_8959.jpeg

After collecting a variety of styles of Seiko watches like a retro, a diver, a chrono, a GMT, I thought a Seiko dress watch would be fun and added the DresSKX to the collection and added yet another Strapcode jubilee to this one, as well as modding it with a AR-coated, domed-sapphire crystal and a signed crown.
IMG_8960.jpeg

Which essential Seiko could possibly be missing from my collection? 🙄

Hmmm… lemme think about this. 🤔

While pondering this question, I received a “we miss you” email from Strapcode offering a nice discount on their bracelets.

Well, not to miss out on a discounted bracelet🙄, I ordered the two-tone Angus-J Louis JUB with solid end links which is enroute.
IMG_8962.jpeg

I now needed a watch to complement that bracelet and the only watch that comes to my mind for this two-tone jubilee is the Seiko Alpinist, with its iconic green dial, outfitted with the gold numerals and indices along with those gold cathedral-style hands.
IMG_8947.jpeg

Well… the Seiko Alpinist is ordered. With the addition of a Seiko field-styled watch, I think I’m done with Seiko (… for now 😉).

When I get it… you’ll see it. 👍

Last edited:
Top Bottom