What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Stowa

IMG_0039.jpeg

If you want to learn more about it go here:

They have instructions on how to open the back, if needed.
Doesnt keep time as good as a cheap quartz. Neither does my Josephs 1871 model wrist watch but the quartz doesnt have the cool factor like a mechanical. I have a Seth Thomas mechanical mantle clock also. Wind it every Wednesday. Its an eight day clock.

My wife's wristwatch, made of gold. Of course, this is more an accessory than a time measuring device. But this watch was given to my wife at a time when mobile phones and smartwatches did not exist.
And a little bit about the Chaika factory, which no longer exists:
on June 16, 1963, Valentina Vladimirovna Tereshkova made a flight on the Vostok-6 spacecraft, which lasted almost three days. In honor of this historic event, all watches produced by the Uglich Watch Factory began to be produced under the brand name "Chaika" (Valentina Tereshkova's call sign was "Chaika").

In 2006, the Chaika factory suspended the production of watches, and by 2009 it had actually become bankrupt. After that, watches under the Chaika brand began to be produced by the Chaika Jewelry Factory, which produces gold and silver watches of the mass market category. He has a small studio for the manufacture of dials, hands and watch accessories. Watches of various luxury brands are also available for individual and small-scale orders.

My wife's wristwatch, made of gold. Of course, this is more an accessory than a time measuring device. But this watch was given to my wife at a time when mobile phones and smartwatches did not exist.
And a little bit about the Chaika factory, which no longer exists:
on June 16, 1963, Valentina Vladimirovna Tereshkova made a flight on the Vostok-6 spacecraft, which lasted almost three days. In honor of this historic event, all watches produced by the Uglich Watch Factory began to be produced under the brand name "Chaika" (Valentina Tereshkova's call sign was "Chaika").

In 2006, the Chaika factory suspended the production of watches, and by 2009 it had actually become bankrupt. After that, watches under the Chaika brand began to be produced by the Chaika Jewelry Factory, which produces gold and silver watches of the mass market category. He has a small studio for the manufacture of dials, hands and watch accessories. Watches of various luxury brands are also available for individual and small-scale orders.

So Chaika means Seagull according to Google?

Top Bottom