What's new

A wonderful experience at a spa .....

My wife and I just returned from a terrific Caribbean cruise, and I spent a lot of time in the ship's spa. Besides time in the sauna, steam room, whirlpool tubs, mineral baths, salt baths, hydro-therapy pools, and on the massage table (three times), I also treated myself to two "Gentleman's Facial and Hot Towel Shave" sessions. Wow ! Talk about indulgence and being good to yourself ! The facials and shaves were absolutely amazing. One hour each of pure enjoyment and blissful relaxation. And it was great talking to the barber about my shaving habits at home. He was very impressed with my collection of razors, brushes, soaps, etc., and really liked my shaving technique (as I described it) and "the condition of my face." Ahhhhhh, ..... Life is good !

My wife and I just returned from a terrific Caribbean cruise, and I spent a lot of time in the ship's spa. Besides time in the sauna, steam room, whirlpool tubs, mineral baths, salt baths, hydro-therapy pools, and on the massage table (three times), I also treated myself to two "Gentleman's Facial and Hot Towel Shave" sessions. Wow ! Talk about indulgence and being good to yourself ! The facials and shaves were absolutely amazing. One hour each of pure enjoyment and blissful relaxation. And it was great talking to the barber about my shaving habits at home. He was very impressed with my collection of razors, brushes, soaps, etc., and really liked my shaving technique (as I described it) and "the condition of my face." Ahhhhhh, ..... Life is good !

Great report, Sir Adam!
Glad you enjoyed the cruise!

Can you enlighten us, what were the barber's razor, lather, brush/other??
Pics?!

Great report, Sir Adam!
Glad you enjoyed the cruise!

Can you enlighten us, what were the barber's razor, lather, brush/other??
Pics?!

Believe it or not, the barber used a disposable Gillette cartridge razor. Due to strict infection control policy, straight razors can no longer be used. All things considered, that's fine with me. And all of the facial and shave products were Elemis, a very high end brand. Of course, he wanted me to buy some products, but too expensive for me. The brush was an Omega. Sorry, but no photos. I was way too relaxed to even think about any pics.

Well, it's been four shaves since coming home from our cruise. And as wonderful as my experience was at the ship's spa, my shaves back home were just as satisfying (if not nearly as dreamy and fantasy fulfilling !)
Various combinations of Merkur 34C - Gillette Nacet, Maggard's MR5-v.3 - Voskhod, and Merkur 39C Slant - Israeli Red Personna with RazoRock Plissoft, Simpson's Colonel X2L, Semogue 610, and Haslinger Schafmilch, RR Lavender, Proraso Blue, and Razorock XXX. It's all good my friends. Yes indeed !

Believe it or not, the barber used a disposable Gillette cartridge razor. Due to strict infection control policy, straight razors can no longer be used. All things considered, that's fine with me. And all of the facial and shave products were Elemis, a very high end brand. Of course, he wanted me to buy some products, but too expensive for me. The brush was an Omega. Sorry, but no photos. I was way too relaxed to even think about any pics.

Sounds great!

On the high seas, I *think* the barber policies (like the gambling rules) are relaxed?!
Or he could have used a disposable Feather blade.
Whatever, it was obviously enjoyable!
Great cruise!

Top Bottom