What's new

It's a new NHL season!

And I'm feeling optimistic about my Flyers! We outperformed expectations last year, and my hopes are high! I don't follow hockey as much as the other big four leagues, but it's damn fun to watch and I get free audio from an iPhone app.

It's a new season and we're still undefeated! :thumbup:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Yep, opening night. I was greatly disappointed that CBC Windsor didn't have a game on tonight, even if it was (as always) Tronna & whoever they are facing. My Wings don't open until tomorrow, in Tampa of all places.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
David:
Every new is filled with 'wheelings & dealings' and every new seasson is filled with many surprises;

a) Montreal defense man PK Suban got traded (some say it was of his personality and his popularity didn't 'fit' with the Habs approach), to Nashville for veteran Shea Weber.

b) Pittsburgh's Sid the Kid Crosby has another concussion.

c) Milan Lucic traded from LA to Edmonton.

d) Expansion (team name will be announced in Nov 16, for Las Vegas ), for Las Vegas.

e) Goalie Carey Price is healthy for the Habs.

attachment.php
“Hockey...The Coolest Game on Earth”!! NHL Official Slogan

Last edited:
d) Expansion (team name will be announced in Nov 16, for Las Vegas ), for Las Vegas.

attachment.php
“Hockey...The Coolest Game on Earth”!! NHL Official Slogan

Was hoping Kansas City would get the expansion team as I'm located out there right now. I can't help but think that the Vegas team could very well be the city's tryout for an NFL franchise.

Yes, I have wondered from the beginning if Vegas bought their team. It feels a lot like a pro sports franchise in a Miami, where a devout following is difficult to find...

On the downside, the Flyers spoiled a great opportunity to pick up 2 points tonight him Arizona! At least they took one...

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
My Montreal Canadiens are off to almost as good a start as they were last season ... and we all remember how that turned out!!

:001_rolle

Leafs fan here. I'll be happy if we finish out of the basement. Realistically I think we will.... Maybe not by much lol.

You are absolutely the first realist Leafs fan I have ever encountered! Seriously, all the rest are "we're gunna win it all next year!", or "we'll get 'em next season".

In all of sports, yes all of sports, I don't think there are a set of fans who are more taken advantage of by a sports team. Over the years the ownership of the Leafs have always just raked in the money while laughing at the fans who blindly pay for it all season after season.

I find it incredible that a group of fans can be SO passionate about their team and sport, but they also so readily accept season after season of mediocre or even abysmal results.

As a Habs fan, I can tell you if the owners/management of the Habs don't appear to be putting in 100% effort to win then the fans let them know about it. They protest through media, at games, ever going as far as not showing up to games. Empty seats speak volumes. Luckily, that doesn't happen often in Montreal as the management know they have to show extreme effort.

I would love to see Leafs fans organize and stand up to the team by demanding success.

You are absolutely the first realist Leafs fan I have ever encountered! Seriously, all the rest are "we're gunna win it all next year!", or "we'll get 'em next season".

All my buddies are on the same page, realistically. Leafs fans get a bad rep, but most aren't as crazy as people think. I would say Habs fans have the same stigma. Look at last year... that was the "Habs Year!".... until the one reason they are even close to a playoff spot got injured.

I find it incredible that a group of fans can be SO passionate about their team and sport, but they also so readily accept season after season of mediocre or even abysmal results.

As a Habs fan, I can tell you if the owners/management of the Habs don't appear to be putting in 100% effort to win then the fans let them know about it. They protest through media, at games, ever going as far as not showing up to games. Empty seats speak volumes. Luckily, that doesn't happen often in Montreal as the management know they have to show extreme effort.

I would love to see Leafs fans organize and stand up to the team by demanding success.

Wait wait wait..... Lets not give Montreal fans too much credit here. Toronto's attendance the last 2 seasons was down almost 400 seats per game. Thats huge! What most people forget is that 15,500 of the 19,400ish seats in the ACC are Season Ticket Holders. Therefore, that 400 person decrease is really only from 4000 fans. A 10% decrease by comparison.

Now, go have a look at Canadiens attendance. From 1999-2003 they made the playoffs 1 out of 4 seasons, and attendance did not drop prior to previous years.

I don't find too much difference in Leafs fans or Habs fans :)

Top Bottom