What's new

Would you go to a baseball game

If your team is not the home team?

I have been wanting to do this but my friend seems to scared to do this. He's like I don't want to get beat up or harassed.

I live in Los Angeles and we have a couple other teams near by and would like to go to some baseball games

If your team is not the home team?

I have been wanting to do this but my friend seems to scared to do this. He's like I don't want to get beat up or harassed.

I live in Los Angeles and we have a couple other teams near by and would like to go to some baseball games

I am a Mets fan so no matter where I see them it is embarrasing.

Seriously, I have been to Fenway and rooted for the Yankees....I survived.

Depending on the city and thickness of your skin, wear your team's swag or just something neutral that doesn't stand out. Rivalry games are the worst, but most others won't generally cause an issue.

Depending on the city and thickness of your skin, wear your team's swag or just something neutral that doesn't stand out. Rivalry games are the worst, but most others won't generally cause an issue.

Yea I get you. I have been wanting to go to a SF Giants game but my friend is really scared to go or even an Angels game but not sure it will happen. At least not in Dodgers gear. My friends are afraid.

Not a chance, I despise baseball. I'd have stayed out your thread except I thought you might get a kick out of my anecdote.

An old boss of mine (when I worked in PA) won the company lottery for our team to use the sky box for a Phillies game. I showed up and ended up watching ESPN Poker on the 42" flat-screen and enjoying the Cheesesteaks and beer and company. Never paid attention to the game.

Don't get hammered, don't be a jackass about it, don't get mouthy or belligerent and you'll be fine. Baseball fans all love to tease each other but respect the other teams' fans. You only have problems when young men, testosterone and alcohol mix.

Definitely go. No rule that says you have to wear clothing that ID's you to the team. Just go and enjoy the game(s).

Absolutely. I'm all about the game. Love the Nats and will root for them forever, but all about the game, the atmosphere and one of America's oldest pastimes!

...except for in Philly....never there! LOL

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Don't get hammered, don't be a jackass about it, don't get mouthy or belligerent and you'll be fine. Baseball fans all love to tease each other but respect the other teams' fans. You only have problems when young men, testosterone and alcohol mix.

Unless you are in Philadelphia- home of the most dangerous home fans in the world, be they baseball or football. Anyone who throws batteries wrapped in snowballs at Santa isn't quite right.

you do need to be observant - you may be thinking of the Giants fan that was beaten nearly to death at a Dodgers game. If you are worried about that, a day game would be better I'm thinking. I love mid-week day games.

-jim

I agree with that.

I used to go to hockey rivalry games in the NY/NJ area in my teams gear and can say that the only way you will get into a fight is if you are looking for one.

If you are rocking the visiting team's apparel you'll get a few remarks in passing, but keep it moving and be a gentlemen.

I used to be a hooligan, now I'll just keep it cool. Visiting different ballparks is what it's all about. Have fun!

Last edited:
Thanks

Good feedback

I don't look for fights or talk trash about other fans. Just try to enjoy the game

Although I live in Alabama and the San Francisco Giants are my team,when they come to play the Atlanta Braves we always get the best tickets. This is as close that I can get to pull for my team.I have never been hasseled or anything like that. Wear all my colors and enjoy the game.

Last edited:
Unless you are in Philadelphia- home of the most dangerous home fans in the world, be they baseball or football. Anyone who throws batteries wrapped in snowballs at Santa isn't quite right.

That tale gets taller every time someone re-tells it.

Top Bottom