What's new

CAR Shavemaster Update 12/29/05 *large pics*

Exactly on 4 fingers and a thumb...:
Vulfix(Simpsons), Plisson, Rooney, Bernd Blos, Lee Sabini...
Dr.P, what is your opinion on those Thater brushes? The German posters tend to rate them higher than Shavemacs, but they've never caught on the English language boards for whatever reason.

Dr.P, what is your opinion on those Thater brushes? The German posters tend to rate them higher than Shavemacs, but they've never caught on the English language boards for whatever reason.

I can't comment on those since i don't have one...but they seem to be very good according to some people i spoke who have one.

That's a 'behind closed doors' answer! If I post a list it would cause too much debate me thinks!!:tongue_sm

Gary

This makes me really wonder...i couldn't think of any other brushmaker other than those i mentioned which is operating on the level of high end shaving brushes..????

This makes me really wonder...i couldn't think of any other brushmaker other than those i mentioned which is operating on the level of high end shaving brushes..????

I can count my list on 3 fingers!!! And I think of top makers as those that have a heritage a, make great brushes and offer great customer service :tongue_sm

I can count my list on 3 fingers!!! And I think of top makers as those that have a heritage a, make great brushes and offer great customer service :tongue_sm

Well, and they aren't among the ones i mentioned???

Then it must be relics of the past...

If not, why not reveal them...?

My guess is maybe Kent is one of the "three fingers". Vulfix/Simpson obvisously. Beats me as to the third, but I'd guess Plisson. Definitely not Rooney, since Gary mentioned somewhere that he believes them to be made in China.

And what's the count Peter, 223? I think we have a pretty decent judge of quality brushmakers in you. No family bias, either. :wink2:

My guess is maybe Kent is one of the "three fingers". Vulfix/Simpson obvisously. Beats me as to the third, but I'd guess Plisson. Definitely not Rooney, since Gary mentioned somewhere that he believes them to be made in China.

This sort of list making strikes me as somewhat malicious. Not to mention insinuating that a respected brush maker fraudulently labels their brushes "Made in England." Let's not abuse the power of suggestion.:thumbdown

edit: Comments not directed at you, Aaron622

Last edited:
Not to mention insinuating that a respected brush maker fraudulently labels their brushes "Made in England." Let's not abuse the power of suggestion.:thumbdown

edit: Comments not directed at you, Aaron622

I'm not saying it is "fraudulent". It would depend on what the definition of "made" is. If I'm mistaken that Gary has mentioned this, I'll edit my post. Either way, in general, there is speculation that the knots of Rooney brushes are not made in England.

Top Bottom