What's new

My Restore Rescale Thread

Hi there Nerdman -- I received the razor you rescaled in ebony with a purpleheart wedge. It's stunning! I can't believe it was your first time with wood scales. All four of the razors you sent back exhibit superior workmanship. I will certainly be sending you more razors soon. I can't wait to try out some new designs and now that you work with wood and micarta as well as acrylic the possibilities have sure expanded. Also please send a picture of the bone scales when you finish them. Thanks again

You did an amazing job on the razor! I cant wait to receive it, thanks again.

Thanks Brian!

Killer Dude!

Thanks!

Hi there Nerdman -- I received the razor you rescaled in ebony with a purpleheart wedge. It's stunning! I can't believe it was your first time with wood scales. All four of the razors you sent back exhibit superior workmanship. I will certainly be sending you more razors soon. I can't wait to try out some new designs and now that you work with wood and micarta as well as acrylic the possibilities have sure expanded. Also please send a picture of the Horn scales when you finish them. Thanks again

Hey Joe, glad I could help bud, and thanks for convincing me to give wood a try. It was fun.

Here is a Wade & Butcher I have been working on for Johnmrson. It was my first time working with horn. It was pretty fun making them. I boiled the blank for 20min and set them in between some wood and clamped it together for 3 days. Today I unclamped and went to work.

This was a collaberation between John and I. He polished the blade, and told me he had an idea for the wedge end of the blade. After the blade arrived, I drew the scales and cut them out. I decided 3 pins upfront may look kool, and i have done 2 pins upfront but not 3 so I said what the heck! Anyways, hope you guys like it! :thumbup1:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
I reckon that just looks sensational Ernie. I can't wait to get my hands on it to hone it up and use it. It's a fantastic blade, matched by and equally fantastic set of scales that just make the package look great.

That's some tricky pinning on the W&B, the shape is really nice and smooth and the lined wedge just breaks it up perfectly.

Great work Ernie. Love the 3 pin design. Awesome seeing you branch out to different materials lately. They all look great.

Once again great looking work. now you seem to have most all the bases covered - acrylic wood,and horn.

Thanks Joe

I reckon that just looks sensational Ernie. I can't wait to get my hands on it to hone it up and use it. It's a fantastic blade, matched by and equally fantastic set of scales that just make the package look great.

Glad you like it John, its on the way to yiu now! Let me know how it shaves!

That looks cool. Great work guys.

Thank you

That's some tricky pinning on the W&B, the shape is really nice and smooth and the lined wedge just breaks it up perfectly.

Thank you! If the pins would have been a little closer I dont think I would have been able to pin them. So I got lucky! And now I know that for next time!

So sexy & sweet :thumbup:

where are my new shoes :glare:

Thanks Ambroski, im getting on yours this weekend!

Ernie does shoes too? Wow:biggrin1:

Come on Scott, you remember, im making
You a set to match the scales on your Duck! Lol

Great work Ernie. Love the 3 pin design. Awesome seeing you branch out to different materials lately. They all look great.

Thank you! Its been fun and a learning experience with the new materials.

Pretty busy resto weekend for me, I hope you all had a great thanksgiving!

I finished up about 5 restorations, a couple for our very own Bullgoose, I was happy to help him out, as he's looking at starting his journey into straight shaving. Also did a few for Larry Andro.

Here is a razor I polished up and rescaled in horn for Merkur25. The blade had quite a bit of rust, I hope Brian saved a before pics to show you guys. This is my 2nd time working with horn and I'm learning a few new things to make it simpler. I want to take a second to thank Undream(Brad) for his great videos, and also for motivating me to try my hand at horn, since he does some beautiful work with horn. With that said, here is my second attempt! Nice translucnt horn with a smoked wedge.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

These two were blade cleanups and rescales, the first is a Gilcrhist, I believe they were a US importer for Wade & Butcher. Its a very nice blade. Black acrylic with a green wedge.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

This is a nice Wade & Butcher for barbers use. Black acrylic with a yellow wedge.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
All very nice, I'm a big fan of horn and with your modern desingns its looking really great!

That W&B For John reminds me of an 80's electric guitar. Fitting cause I'm listening to Slash's new album right now and it just fit so perfect.

I really like that gold horn. I notice you can just see the profile of the blade, when it's closed, with the sunlight behind it. Looks really sweet.

Pretty busy resto weekend for me, I hope you all had a great thanksgiving!

I finished up about 5 restorations, a couple for our very own Bullgoose, I was happy to help him out, as he's looking at starting his journey into straight shaving. Also did a few for Larry Andro.

Here is a razor I polished up and rescaled in horn for Merkur25. The blade had quite a bit of rust, I hope Brian saved a before pics to show you guys. This is my 2nd time working with horn and I'm learning a few new things to make it simpler. I want to take a second to thank Undream(Brad) for his great videos, and also for motivating me to try my hand at horn, since he does some beautiful work with horn. With that said, here is my second attempt! Nice translucnt horn with a smoked wedge.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Wow that is just awesome!! Im very impressed on how great that horn turned out for the scales. Just perfect!

Thanks again! Your work is amazing!

Oh yea here are some before pics of the blade, just in case some people are interested in seeing them:

All very nice, I'm a big fan of horn and with your modern desingns its looking really great!

That W&B For John reminds me of an 80's electric guitar. Fitting cause I'm listening to Slash's new album right now and it just fit so perfect.

I really like that gold horn. I notice you can just see the profile of the blade, when it's closed, with the sunlight behind it. Looks really sweet.

I'm blown away by the horn on the Joseph Rodgers but they all are nice Ernie!

Thank you guys!!:thumbup1:

Wow that is just awesome!! Im very impressed on how great that horn turned out for the scales. Just perfect!

Thanks again! Your work is amazing!

Oh yea here are some before pics of the blade, just in case some people are interested in seeing them:

Thanks Brian! And thank you for the before pics.

That horn is sick :thumbup:

Thankd dude. Yours is next, just got done boiling it, and its in the clamps getting straight!!

I have a W&B in translucent horn that Bill Ellis did for me and you have that beat. I'm in love!

Thanks Scott, I appreciate the kind words!!!

Top Bottom