A/S: Proraso
ASB: Gaia Organic

My SOTD

Muhle R106 w/ Feather
Mama Bear's Winter Grapefruit in a Gentlemen's Best bowl
Eagle B&B Custom G3

and to finish it off, some cask strength Ogallala
:bayrum2:

One of the best shaves I've had in a long time. Don't know why, everything just clicked!

Rooney 1/1 Super
AOS Lavender soap
Ball End Tech
Gillette 7 o'clock Green
Osage rub
Kiehl's UM aftershave balm

Pre-Shave: Hot shower + Stephan's Conditioning Smooth Shaving Creme
Pre-Shave Oil: Truffit & Hill
Razor: 6/8" Dubl Duck Goldedge, Hollow, Spike Point (A Max masterpiece - Thanks Max :thumbup1:)
Brush: 23mm Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Überlather: CarrieM Dragon's Blood Shave Creme + Mama Bear's Trade Winds Shave Soap + Glycerin
Astringent: Thayers Witch Hazel (Lavender, no alcohol)
ASB: Truffit & Hill Trafalgar
Facial Moisturizer: Trumper's Facial Moisturizer
Cologne: Penhaligon Racquets
Picture: Today's picture is during a 2008 hike in Red Canyon, Utah (near Bryce Canyon). Weather was getting a bit unnerving as lightning storms were developing all around us with us exposed at the top of one of the mountains with this lone plant (couldn't resist the shot though). You can even see "micro bursts" in the far horizon.
Result: Today, we are going to Santa Barbara wine country with some friends, so what better way to make this trip AND to end the SOTD theme week than with one of SRP's own master craftsmen masterpieces, "The DUCK that laid the golden egg"? I love this Duck. Lather; check. Prep; check. Duck; check (Hell, yeaaa). Shaving with the Duck; Ooooooohhhh, priceless and awesome :biggrin1:. Off to Santa Barbara. See you guys later on.

View attachment 120440

Picture of the full gear in the other shot:
View attachment 120441

Have a great Saturday :001_smile.

In a hurry today because i had two hearings in Court, so couldn't take a full shot. Thus, I decided I'd find a good representation of my area.

The kit today consisted of:

Strop: Kanayama

Razor: Akatombow

proxy.php

Brush: Shavemac Silvertip

SC: Bomb (custom scent - incredible)

ASB: Bomb (custom scent)

EdT: Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet (courtesy of RonnieNC)

The Akatombow gave me a tremendous BBS start to my day. I'm a huge fan of most things Japanese (and I don't just say that because of my wife:lol: ), but this frameback is amazing! The new Bomb scent that I tried out was wonderful: the petit grain carried through beautifully. The Hammam Bouquet is very nice and has great longevity so far!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Cooooool tombow Bill :thumbup1:

Razor: 6/8" Dubl Duck Goldedge, Hollow, Spike Point (A Max masterpiece - Thanks Max :thumbup1:)
Überlather: CarrieM Dragon's Blood Shave Creme + Mama Bear's Trade Winds Shave Soap + Glycerin
Picture: Today's picture is during a 2008 hike in Red Canyon, Utah (near Bryce Canyon). Weather was getting a bit unnerving as lightning storms were developing all around us with us exposed at the top of one of the mountains with this lone plant (couldn't resist the shot though). You can even see "micro bursts" in the far horizon.
Result: Today, we are going to Santa Barbara wine country with some friends, so what better way to make this trip AND to end the SOTD theme week than with one of SRP's own master craftsmen masterpieces, "The DUCK that laid the golden egg"? I love this Duck. Lather; check. Prep; check. Duck; check (Hell, yeaaa). Shaving with the Duck; Ooooooohhhh, priceless and awesome :biggrin1:. Off to Santa Barbara. See you guys later on.

Robert, your SOTDs are always a treat to the eyes. Nice job!

Is this Livi one of your recent acquisitions? Nice shaver :thumbup:

Yessir, snatched it off the BST last week from Mr. Scruffy. I'd call it a half to 3/4-hollow and it's very nice. I also have a full hollow Livi and the difference between the two is considerable. The shaves are both great though!

View attachment 120440

View attachment 120441

Robert, great shots as always!

I love Santa Barbara and lived there, albeit in my car, for a while; have a great time.

Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Shark Super Chrome
Brush: Omega Boar 10005
Soap: Van Der Hagen Deluxe
A/S: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
EdT: Quorum

I used cold water out of the tap for the whole shave (warm water for the rinse) for the first time. It was great. Noticed that PCVI Bay Rum states no where on the bottle that it is an aftershave, but works very well as an A/S. It had been a couple of weeks since I had used PCVI Bay Rum, and had forgotten how immensely enjoyable it is, especially in the summer!

SOTD Saturday August 28, 2010

Razor: 13/16 Double Arrow, Full Hollow, Round Point
Pre-Shave: Proraso Crema Pre Barba
Shaving Cream: La Toja Classic
Lather Bowl: Ceramic
Scuttle: RAB Ceramic
Brush: Col Conk Barbershop Badger
ASB: Nivea Replenishing
Aftershave/Cologne: Aqua Velva Musk

Results: Just Wonderful! :001_cool:

Todays local color shot is of my Ranch. The front yard and the pond next to it. The Water cannon is in the lower pasture area. The Applegate River is at the end of the lower pasture just past the tall pine behind the water spout. :biggrin1:

Hot Towel
Plisson 12 EW in Ebony
Martin de Candre SS
T&H Gold Chatsworth Barley
Wilkinson Sword (UK)
Thayer's Unscented WH
MaleFace Moisture cream

5/8 Panamex Blue Bell 99
RupRazor "El Toro" Strop
Crabtree & Evelyn Nomad Soap
Proraso ASB
Crabtree & Evelyn Nomad EdT