What's new

Scrampled Eggs

For myself I go for easy. Just crack some eggs in a pan with a spoon of cream cheese and seasoning.
The cream cheese makes for a very rich flavour and you cant stuff it up.

These sound good, good and buttery.
What is the texture of these eggs like? I would think they would have a custard like texture.

Very much like custard. Whisking them eventually breaks them up like good scrambled eggs, but they still have that custard texture.

I've used the microwave on low method for many years. No milk, just eggs and butter.

The most important part of the scrambled (and poached) eggs is to spread some Marmite or Vegemite on the buttered toast before piling on the eggs! Lovely.

Gareth

Equal parts cheese and eggs and a splash of milk. Okay maybe not equal parts but a bunch of cheese at the kids request. After they are done they are best in a wheat tortilla with a ton of hot sauce.

Yep. I prefer this method also which gives large irregular curds rather than the constant stirring method which produces very fine curds. They will continue to thicken so remove while slightly underdone. Easy to get very wrong and a mile away when you get it right.

SORRY ABSOLUTELY NO MICROWAVE...its a four minute dish for crying out loud.

This is the same method I use. I use a non-stick pan and a mixture of butter an olive oil (not very much of either). I break the eggs in a bowl, keeping the yokes intact, add salt and fresly ground pepper. I let the whites get fairly solidifed in the pan before I break the yokes. I like the marbled look. Also, with this teqnique, the yokes get cooked less and tasstes better. The wife loves eggs cooked this way!

Dave

I've used the microwave on low method for many years. No milk, just eggs and butter.

The most important part of the scrambled (and poached) eggs is to spread some Marmite or Vegemite on the buttered toast before piling on the eggs! Lovely.

Gareth

Gareth that's just obscene...you need the Marmite to obscure the awful taste of the microwaved eggs.

Why don't you just spread a little MWF on there too. :drool:

Gareth that's just obscene...you need the Marmite to obscure the awful taste of the microwaved eggs.

Why don't you just spread a little MWF on there too. :drool:

Don't knock it until you've tried it! Marmite is brilliant with eggs, poached or scrambled.

That's unless you hate Marmite of course. I read the other day they are bringing out an extra strong version of Marmite. Can't wait!

Actually I prefer poached to scrambled. Had poached on toast for breakfast today.

When I make scrambled eggs, they must be runny. Can't stand the rubbery stuff they serve up in caffs!

Gareth

I like adding finally chopped fresh spinach to my scrambled eggs every now and then.. makes for good flavor and energy.

cool thread...I use eggs I get from a local farm, kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, about 1 ounce of buttermilk or sour cream, and a splash of water, beat lightly...Cook in butter on medium heat.

Im gonna try a few things I found here (not at the same time),

iron skillet
cream of tartar
salt just before done
cook on low heat
brown butter (this sounds interesting, I brown about 2/3 the butter in chocolate chip cookies for a rich, caramel flavor)
seperate egg whites and beat well

I like to use room temp eggs and buttermilk/sour cream

I tried one time cracking the eggs straight into the pan but wasn't thrilled with the results, and one time I put the egss in a blender to incorporate a lot of air but this didn't do much (works better in an omelete for fluffyness)

Last edited:
Add some bacon drippings and some sea salt and black powder. I also add butter sugar.

I get mine when I go out to eat at my local Cracker Barrel County Store. I also vote for Bobs if you want Grits at home.

I miss the old days in the South where every cafe or dinner gave you grits as a side with your Breakfast.

i usualy boy these nice sun dried tomatos that come in olive oil, the thing is that once you eat the tomatos, the oil is quite nice for cooking small fry jobs like eggs,

I prefer pan scrambling. Crack the eggs in the pan break the yolks, and mix it while it's cooking. Nothing extra but salt and pepper. Water and milk are for omelets.

For me, wipe down your pan after cooking bacon. A little (or a lot) of grease will be left over. Crack the eggs, let the yoke break and cook for a while, then mix them up. Let the edges crisp. Add salt and pepper to taste.

oh and Hot Sauce!

Ok ive tried everything and this is what works best for me:

Farm fresh eggs lightly beaten
alot of buttermilk (for taste and also keeps eggs moist)
brown the butter first (for a nutty taste)
fresh cracked black pepper
kosher salt just before eggs are done
cook on medium heat
non stick skillet and wooden spoon

Top Bottom