What's new

Picked up some Perma-Sharps from Amazon

True that... Fortunately I had bought a couple hundred extra myself. Same with the Nacets

I have thirty different blades in at least a pack of 100. All together, I have a few thousand DE blades. At 69, I am set for a few more decades...
I'm a bit younger but I used a single Treet Dura Sharp successfully for all of February during the challenge. I probably have around 3500 blades now even after failing to get the cheap Perma-Sharps. I think I am good for life honestly, but it's fun buying razor blades.

Perma-Sharps are back to under $11 on Amazon. Interestingly, vendor Super Safety Razors has two listings: one shipped from Amazon at $10.86 and one shipped from Super Safety Razors at $19.68. This may be nothing, and this is just me thinking (too much) aloud, but I wonder if we're gonna start seeing Perma-Sharps made in India?

Perma-Sharps are back to under $11 on Amazon. Interestingly, vendor Super Safety Razors has two listings: one shipped from Amazon at $10.86 and one shipped from Super Safety Razors at $19.68. This may be nothing, and this is just me thinking (too much) aloud, but I wonder if we're gonna start seeing Perma-Sharps made in India?

$9.90 by the time I checked out.
They're at $9/c today and if I wasn't in a year long sabatical I wouldn't hesitate to pick up 4-500 of them right now at that price. My last 200 were at $8.90/c back at the end of December. Will await @Jim99 to get his to make my final decision though...

I checked a few times today. $9.50, $9.20 currently $8.91
I saw that they have buy two save 13%

Got 200

8.91 x 2 = $17.82 less 13% $2.32 for a pretax total of $15.50

IMG_0941.jpeg

Last edited:
I put this in the other thread… but I received 400 from Amazon yesterday at $8.91 per 100. They seem to have fixed the mixup with the half blades.

They are my favorite blade… and I like to support buying local… but the deal was too good to pass up.

The forum is working correctly again.

I am going to amend my last review. I still like these blades and still believe they are more flexible than Feathers.

However, I have noticed they fall off a cliff after the 3rd shave. I get a lot cuts and scrapes on the 4th shave. I remember being able to extend Feathers that long with out any issues, but that could be from a lack of experience or knowledge. I will try out my Feathers again to see if I can still get that 4th shave.

Otherwise, all is good.

I am going to amend my last review. I still like these blades and still believe they are more flexible than Feathers.

However, I have noticed they fall off a cliff after the 3rd shave. I get a lot cuts and scrapes on the 4th shave. I remember being able to extend Feathers that long with out any issues, but that could be from a lack of experience or knowledge. I will try out my Feathers again to see if I can still get that 4th shave.

Otherwise, all is good.
You probably have heavier facial hair than me. A Perma-sharp easily goes for at least 7 shaves for me.

Thanks for the update.

Otherwise, all is good.

You probably have heavier facial hair than me. A Perma-sharp easily goes for at least 7 shaves for me.
My hair is coarse and I do a lot of buffing on problem spots. That's the reason I stop at two uses, three at most. The potential irritation isn't worth it just to get a few more shaves out of a blade.

Top Bottom