What's new

Possible Brush Group buy interest thread

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I saw the thread where badger brushes are near impossible to find in Australia. I had assumed it was due to the cost of badger brushes and the apparent move to vegan brushes for marketing purposes.

Is there a restriction on importing badger brushes or is it sales/marketing led?
I contacted a shaving supply shop that I have purchased brushes from recently. The owner of the shop informed me that there is a lack of transparency in the harvesting of the Badger hair. Therefore some of the knot/brush makers were moving away from making Badger knots. Not all but some. He therefore was not going to sell any Badger brushes in the foreseeable future. This is in Australia though, it may be different in other parts of the world.

Good evening y’all!

I’ve got some information to share on this group buy.

For starters, our very own @Rudy Vey is going to be the artisan on this project!!! Thank you Rudy!

We are going to be offering this as a site wide group buy for all members of Badger & Blade! Not restricted to just contributors! It’s been a few years since there was a site wide group buy offering. Time for another one! 😃😃

As far as knots go, Rudy is going above and beyond here!!

For this group buy you will have the following knot options:

Handle only
Badger - Shavemac TBD which knot
Synthetic - Muehle STF
Mistura - Semogue
Boar - Semogue

It is our understanding that the Semogue knots are the same as what is found in their SOC line!

We are still working out all the details on handle shape and color. Knot size will be a standard size selected by Rudy to best fit the handle chosen.

Thank you all for your interest!! I will share more information as I am able. Have a wonderful evening! 😃🤙

Good evening y’all!

I’ve got some information to share on this group buy.

For starters, our very own @Rudy Vey is going to be the artisan on this project!!! Thank you Rudy!

We are going to be offering this as a site wide group buy for all members of Badger & Blade! Not restricted to just contributors! It’s been a few years since there was a site wide group buy offering. Time for another one! 😃😃

As far as knots go, Rudy is going above and beyond here!!

For this group buy you will have the following knot options:

Handle only
Badger - Shavemac TBD which knot
Synthetic - Muehle STF
Mistura - Semogue
Boar - Semogue

It is our understanding that the Semogue knots are the same as what is found in their SOC line!

We are still working out all the details on handle shape and color. Knot size will be a standard size selected by Rudy to best fit the handle chosen.

Thank you all for your interest!! I will share more information as I am able. Have a wonderful evening! 😃🤙

EXCELLENT!! No one better than Rudy IMHO!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

IMG_4047.jpeg
IMG_4044.png
IMG_4042.png
IMG_3973.png
IMG_4046.jpeg
Rudy made these handles recently

I'd probably want to order that emerald-colored handle (with new STF knot) even if it's not one of the finalists. I've already got the 2022 Contributor's handle and it's a great fit to hand.

Top Bottom