What's new

Wolfman: On the waiting list. Questions.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I was set to buy just the WR4 bronze razor head for the bronze Darwin and stand I have waiting for it..... but lately, I'm been fighting off the urge to add other handle... and do I get two WR4 base plates to cover the options?...... I'm not sure I can afford all that.... The sensible me (who seldom wins out) says.... try it for a few months with the Darwin handle and decide then. The Darwin handle might be the most beautiful handle I own...and its razor stand???? What a thing of beauty. It sure it expensive but it is a looker, that's for sure. My two Athenas are getting jealous.... Maybe I can shield them from this thread somehow.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Is it possible to order only base plate? I heard you can ask for two base plates when ordering razor, but can I order second base plate later?
I'm sure you can............... Tara will help guide you.

Edit: I had three mango margaritas a few minutes ago so perhaps I'm wrong... I don't know if James matches the base plates to the individual razor cap or not.... but Tara will know... email her for guidance.

Is it possible to order only base plate? I heard you can ask for two base plates when ordering razor, but can I order second base plate later?
When I ordered my WR2 1.25 back in Jul '23 I was told I had to order the entire head assy if I wanted a 2nd base plate. He will sell extra plates for the WR4 and I believe the WR3 from what I understand is why I asked in the beginning...

Question: I have a WR2 1.15 that I like pretty much. It's mild, which I like. I was thinking of getting a 1.25 to bump it up a bit. I tend to shave neutral to shallow. Thinking maybe an OC, but I don't see them mentioned much. Any advice so I don't have to read through 2166 posts? :oops:

Question: I have a WR2 1.15 that I like pretty much. It's mild, which I like. I was thinking of getting a 1.25 to bump it up a bit. I tend to shave neutral to shallow. Thinking maybe an OC, but I don't see them mentioned much. Any advice so I don't have to read through 2166 posts? :oops:
OC is more popular here in the WR1. The neutral gap there is I think about .6.

OC is more popular here in the WR1. The neutral gap there is I think about .6.
Thanks. I have a WR1 OC, and I think it's .62 IIRC. Whatever the "original" gap was when he started out. I do like it, but I like my WR2 better. But that's an SB.

I read through these posts a couple years ago, and it seemed at the time that the people who liked the crazy large gaps ( >1.5) tended to shave steeper and weren't fans of the OC. That was only my impression, I have nothing to back that up.

With wr2 I don't find oc provides any effeciency benefit. I have a dual comb and the oc side never sees use. Don't be afraid of going up to 1.55 gap. I find it every bit as comfortable as my previous 1.35. If you have reservations he will do dual gap heads.

I tend to shave neutral to shallow. Thinking maybe an OC, but I don't see them mentioned much. Any advice so I don't have to read through 2166 posts? :oops:

Shallow angle, mild and open comb… WR3 .35 OC or maybe 40 if you wanted the efficiency bump is my suggestion. Bronze or steel. WRH1 or 7 handle.

My name came up today as I received an email from Tara. I asked her about the larger gaps for WR3 and WR4. I was hoping to have my Hawk to decide about AC type razors first but I guess it's slow going due to the weather in California. I'm thinking 1.00 OC WR3 and the WR4 is a mystery since I haven't tried AC razors yet and I have no ETA when the Hawk will arrive. Don't want a few days to cause me to miss out on ordering a WR4 but don't want to just take a shot in the dark either.

My name came up today as I received an email from Tara. I asked her about the larger gaps for WR3 and WR4. I was hoping to have my Hawk to decide about AC type razors first but I guess it's slow going due to the weather in California. I'm thinking 1.00 OC WR3 and the WR4 is a mystery since I haven't tried AC razors yet and I have no ETA when the Hawk will arrive. Don't want a few days to cause me to miss out on ordering a WR4 but don't want to just take a shot in the dark either.
IMG_9041.jpeg

IMG_9042.jpeg

Was it the prototype for the WR3 or WR4 that was .86?

Top Bottom