What's new

Phoenixkh: An Old Man's Continuum....

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
It's just about 2PM here. I finished shaving around 1:30.

I tried an unguarded Kai Pink in for the first time in a long time..... I could feel its presence just a slight bit more than the Kai Protouch in my La Faulx Classic SS, but I might have been imagining it. I was doing my best to be objective, so I think I felt it more. It was still a very mild, relaxing, comfortable, yet close shave, I think... I won't know how close this time around because I hope to be sleeping 12 hours from now. No whiskers were present anywhere when I put on my post-shave products. So, as I've mentioned... nowhere near a BBS shave as my face could never be that soft... but I had a nice alum tingle with no "ouch" spots.

I need to check the Cremo to see if it has any silicone in it.... It has the slickness that feels unnatural to me. I really have to rub it off with a wash cloth at the end of the shave to get it off my skin. I'm sorry to say.. I won't be buying Cremo again. The good news? I'll be ecstatic to return to my brushes and shaving soaps/pre-shaves.

I would say... if I'm homesick, it was be for that reason... and I miss our cat: Cooper. He's a lot of fun. The lady taking care of him loves his cat language. He's very vocal and doesn't have just a single meow. I'm sure he knows exactly what he's saying, but we struggle sometimes to understand him.... He keeps "talking" until we do. He's a smart one.

I really have to rub it off with a wash cloth at the end of the shave to get it off my skin.
That's my experience too and one of the reasons I started using other products.

Our cat is a talker, too. She showed up at my folks' farm in the dead of winter last year, rail thin and suffering from frostbite on her ears, tail, and one leg. Once she recuperated I offered to take her in since Mrs. Scandalous had been begging to get a cat. The kids and I named her Mew because that's what she did for the entire 5 hour drive back from Ma and Dad's place. She's missing the tips of her ears and half her tail but doesn't seem to care.
20231123_135449.jpg

Eric_75

Not made for these times.

Our cat is a talker, too. She showed up at my folks' farm in the dead of winter last year, rail thin and suffering from frostbite on her ears, tail, and one leg. Once she recuperated I offered to take her in since Mrs. Scandalous had been begging to get a cat. The kids and I named her Mew because that's what she did for the entire 5 hour drive back from Ma and Dad's place. She's missing the tips of her ears and half her tail but doesn't seem to care.View attachment 1805365
Great pic, Matt. :)

I got the wife a cat for her 60th BD. We both really like London and the UK...so I bought her a British Shorthair cat. Her name is MiaMeow, Mia for short. This is one of the quietest cats I have ever known. About the only time she makes a noise is if you step on her tail. She will give a noise of annoyance when I clip her nails but that's about it. When she does make sounds we rush to see if anything's wrong.
One day we went to work, when we got home late afternoon, we couldn't find the cat. Looked EVERYWHERE. Finally Carmen looked in the bathroom vanity under the sink...there she was and had been...ALL DAY. No noise, nothing. Looked at us as if to say "Well thanks for FINALLY showing up".
tempImage73fncA.png

I really have to rub it off with a wash cloth at the end of the shave to get it off my skin.
Like you, I found it plenty slick enough but I found that I kept having to add water or add more during the shave to keep it slick. It was also more trouble to rinse off the razor as it glopped up the lather channels. I was glad to be done with it.

I got the wife a cat for her 60th BD. We both really like London and the UK...so I bought her a British Shorthair cat. Her name is MiaMeow, Mia for short. This is one of the quietest cats I have ever known. About the only time she makes a noise is if you step on her tail. She will give a noise of annoyance when I clip her nails but that's about it. When she does make sounds we rush to see if anything's wrong.
One day we went to work, when we got home late afternoon, we couldn't find the cat. Looked EVERYWHERE. Finally Carmen looked in the bathroom vanity under the sink...there she was and had been...ALL DAY. No noise, nothing. Looked at us as if to say "Well thanks for FINALLY showing up".
View attachment 1805419
That looks like Mia has a trap set for you!! I had a Tabby growing up who would lie on her back like that, inviting a belly rub but as soon as you touched her belly, all 4 claws were firmly implanted in your forearm!! We called her Claudia 😂.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I just finished trying the Feather Professional in my La Faulx.... I must have let my mind wander a bit because I nicked myself on my top lip.... That's the first nick I've ever gotten with the La Faulx so I'm confident it wasn't the blade, but user error. It took several applications of liquid styptic to stop the carnage. It was during one of my XTG passes. I've been pretty good at staying focused on my shaves of late, so it caught me off guard and taught me... Slow down, big boy... Don't get over confident... Let the razor guide you.... Since I don't shave every day, it will be completely healed by my next shave.. Lesson learned and hopefully, not forgotten.

I went with my wife to a wood carving lesson yesterday. She had a marvelous time. The guy and his wife couldn't have been more gracious. We met their HS son, also very nice. They have a daughter living in Australia who is already a degreed medical scientist but just returned to school to get her MD.....

It's interesting listening to people talk about their lives, successes, etc.. He still runs his family farm where they raise several varieties of bananas, pineapple and vanilla for sale... Not to mention all the fruit trees and rice fields. He has the carving business and teaches people from all over the world how to carve... make kites... he even offers
a chocolate making class. Multi-talented.

His wife is a licensed massage therapist and also teaches Balinese cooking....

RS_RebekahsCarvingLesson1.jpg

RS_RebekahsCarvingLesson2.jpg

Top Bottom