What's new

Persona AccuForge blades

in short--WHO CARES? THE QUALITY OF THE BLADE IS ALL THAT MATTERS.

Well, after decades, I would say there is something to brand name recognition.

"Persona Comfort Coated" means something to me. Whereas "Accuforge" means absolutely nothing to me.

I would be given to assume that the rest of DE shaving America would have thoughts that align with mine.

When I say, "the rest of shaving America" I am meaning the millions who have not read the entire two pages of this thread!

Well, after decades, I would say there is something to brand name recognition.

"Persona Comfort Coated" means something to me. Whereas "Accuforge" means absolutely nothing to me.

I would be given to assume that the rest of DE shaving America would have thoughts that align with mine.

When I say, "the rest of shaving America" I am meaning the millions who have not read the entire two pages of this thread!

+1! ‘Accuforge..’ :facep::facep::facep::facep:

Did you expect clarity from Personna?

After careful consideration, I think the entire industry is goofy!

I don't know who came up with that awful "AccuForge" name, but I'm guessing they were from the Marketing Department. Razor blades are not forged. They are made from rolled steel. Stupid things like this annoy me to no end. The name change was probably debated during long meetings with idiots babbling over PowerPoint presentations.

In My opinion the best blades ever made are the Wilkinson sword light brigade version and the Personna 74 tungsten steel blades.
These blades cannot and have not been beat buy any currant DE blades. They are crazy sharp and smooth and last for several dozen of shaves or more. The price of these.. well... I see why they are so sought after $ They show up for auction and there gone in a flash!

I received an email this morning from Razor Emporium. They put a video up that talks about Accuforge blades (you can see it on YouTube).
Now it's official: Personna Lab Blues are no more! I'm assuming that the Personna name is history as well.
Someone had posted that they were previously only selling them through medical supply companies. Now anyone can get them as Razor Emporium now carries them. And I'm guessing that most shaving vendors will soon be carrying them too.
I know some people are upset, Lab Blues are my favorite!
But I'm just happy that it's the same blade that will continue in production here in the USA.
We'll just have to get used to it!

I received an email this morning from Razor Emporium. They put a video up that talks about Accuforge blades (you can see it on YouTube).
Now it's official: Personna Lab Blues are no more! I'm assuming that the Personna name is history as well.
Someone had posted that they were previously only selling them through medical supply companies. Now anyone can get them as Razor Emporium now carries them. And I'm guessing that most shaving vendors will soon be carrying them too.
But I'm just happy that it's the same blade that will continue in production here in the USA.
My guess is that Edgewell in Germany has the right to the Personna name. Hence the name changes here on the former Personna products made in the US.

This has been addressed in more than a few threads here and other forums and it all started with RE spreading misinformation again to move some inventory!!

AccuTec which made the Lab Blues and Med Preps had a company restructuring separating medical from general use. The outcome of it is Lab Blues, (general use), are now sold under the AccuForge line and the Med Preps, (medical use), are now sold under AccuThrive line.

This has been addressed in more than a few threads here and other forums and it all started with RE spreading misinformation again to move some inventory!!

AccuTec which made the Lab Blues and Med Preps had a company restructuring separating medical from general use. The outcome of it is Lab Blues, (general use), are now sold under the AccuForge line and the Med Preps, (medical use), are now sold under AccuThrive line.
I'd love to know how people came to the conclusion that RE was spreading misinformation in order to move inventory?

I get that RE has had issues here in the past (based on a few comments I've run into here) but not everything is a conspiracy!
My post was based on the email that I received from them today and nothing more.

And I'm curious about this restructuring at AccuTec. Weren't Lab Blue's general use and Med Prep's medical use already?
Sounds to me like they simply changed the product names and packaging!
I just searched online for articles about a restructure and found nothing. The last corporate news about AccuTec is like 6 years old. And on Accutec's website, they have a corporate news section and it shows nothing about any restructuring!

Last edited:
I'd love to know how people came to the conclusion that RE was spreading misinformation in order to move inventory?

I get that RE has had issues here in the past (based on a few comments I've run into here) but not everything is a conspiracy!
My post was based on the email that I received from them today and nothing more.

And I'm curious about this restructuring at AccuTec. Weren't Lab Blue's general use and Med Prep's medical use already?
Sounds to me like they simply changed the product names and packaging!
I just searched online for articles about a restructure and found nothing. The last corporate news about AccuTec is like 6 years old. And on Accutec's website, they have a corporate news section and it shows nothing about any restructuring!
Misinformation as he states that the Lab Blues are no longer being made.... i.e. Lab Blues are still being made under the AccuForge name now and not Personna. AccuForge / AccuThrive are the only American made DE blades available today. Edgewell / Personna moved all manufacturing to Germany.

You don't think RE still has problems today? The video you watched along, Matt's video putting down the Blackland Osprey, and there are others that are prime examples of his doing video's to gain profit... The guy is a shill and its already been proven time and time again recently not just in the past. The guy can't help himself!! It's ok if you don't see the dishonesty and misinformation he spreads, they're are quite a few of us that do and the information is right there for everyone to see!!

Le lame AccuForge con rivestimento Microcoat sono quelle che sostituiscono le vecchie lame Lab Bue oppure esistono due tipi di lame AccuForge con e senza rivestimento Microcoat?

Misinformation as he states that the Lab Blues are no longer being made.... i.e. Lab Blues are still being made under the AccuForge name now and not Personna. AccuForge / AccuThrive are the only American made DE blades available today. Edgewell / Personna moved all manufacturing to Germany.

You don't think RE still has problems today? The video you watched along, Matt's video putting down the Blackland Osprey, and there are others that are prime examples of his doing video's to gain profit... The guy is a shill and its already been proven time and time again recently not just in the past. The guy can't help himself!! It's ok if you don't see the dishonesty and misinformation he spreads, they're are quite a few of us that do and the information is right there for everyone to see!!
Did you watch the video he put out yesterday?
He clearly says that the Accuforge replaces the Lab Blue and that it's the same blade with a new name and packaging. Nowhere does he state that the blade is no longer being manufactured. The whole point of his video was to ease people from believing that the Lab Blue was actually gone. I haven't seen any other videos from him prior to this one so I can't say what the guy is all about. My interest in shaving doesn't lie in judging people or vendors so I doubt I'll ever have an opinion on someone's character. Only experience I've had with RE is from an Envoy that I own and it's actually one of my top 5 DE's. I can't complain about that. I didn't buy it from them though since it came from Pasteur shaving.
Listen, I'll say it again:
My post was simply showcasing the video that he put out yesterday and nothing more. And from what I gathered, the video had no negatives in terms of misinformation.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Le lame AccuForge con rivestimento Microcoat sono quelle che sostituiscono le vecchie lame Lab Bue oppure esistono due tipi di lame AccuForge con e senza rivestimento Microcoat?
I'm still figuring this out.... but it really looks like the AccuForge blades are the replacement or new name for the Personna Lab Blues... and the AccuThrive blades are the Personna Med Prep blade used in hospitals, etc.

I do know this... I bought the German Personna blades.... I used or tried to use 2 of them....They were so rough on my face, I threw the rest of the 100 I bought out... I ended up buying 6 boxes of 100 each Personna Comfort Coated USA blades and they've been pretty good for me.... though I've had 2 duds from one of the boxes. That is sort of surprising but I know they were duds because when I replaced them, mid shave, the shave returned to the excellent shave the razor gives me normally.

Last edited:
Both blades, Lab Blue and Med Prep have the Microcoat according to whats listed. The Med Preps go through an extra sterilization process due to them being manufactured for surgical use where the Lab Blues aren't.

I have lately been using the Accuforge blades just to reevaluate my initial review. I have used them with the Konsul and the Athena razors. In both cases, the blade performed wonderfully. The blade was very sharp and very smooth. There was no sense of discomfort but one has to be aware that these are very sharp blades. I enjoyed the blades so much that I have just ordered 250 of them. In my prior evaluation I stated that they were not worth the price. As for me, I have reconsidered. The cost of any item is the sole decision of the buyer, for me it was worth it. This blade has moved to the top of my rotation, even ahead of the Wizamet, Permasharp and Feather. My suggestion is wait for a discount at Razor Emporium and try them.
Best shaves to all.

Top Bottom