What's new

November 2023 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Despite some very tempting Black Friday deals, I'm still in on this crisp but lovely Fall day here in Central Arkansas. Had an excellent shave this morning.
IMG_0914.jpeg

Thank you Guido! I love the feel of this brush! Soft, with excellent backbone, and just a bit of scritch. Here it is after a ten minute soak and a quick towel dry.
I really enjoyed shaving with this brush and I'm looking forward to using it for years to come!

View attachment 1753292
Awesome.
The scritch might fade, once the boar bristles have been fully broken in. The backbone, however, will last. Enjoy!👍

Still in, haven’t shaved yet today. It seems like there are now a couple of Black Fridays on the annual calendar, and it took me a few hours this morning to remember that today is one, the OG.
FWIW: a family member yesterday told me that plumbers call this Brown Friday. 🫣😬🤭

Day 24, 80% complete

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat (Tallow)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Ti Handle, Wizamet #7
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Hyaluron

Almost the same again, for a quick but effective DFS.

Get well soon, Guido @JAHE.

Date25.11.2023
365 daily shaves
329/365
NOCvember
25/30
Lasta’s Blade Stash08/32

RazorBladeBrush
Swing SBLord Platinum (15)Simpson T3
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Kox Dutchy Bergamot
Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (~20m)10/10 (Clean)
EffectivenessComfort / Blade condition
8.75/10 (DFS+++)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes:

Summary - A careful and close shave this Saturday. All parties performing as intended! Superb Saturday Start!

Only one way to find out Hannes @Multum in parvo - still nice though that someone thought of you…even in an apparently piggish manor :lol: Enjoy! I would say that it should make for a slick soap I mean lard in cooking has the same effect right.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

Top Bottom