What's new

Anyone excited about Hockey? NHL 2021

One man band. Wow.

Wonder if he ever played football? Wide receiver? Also looked like Michael Jordan a little bit.
He grew up where I went to high school. Likely lacrosse and hockey. Maybe basketball and soccer in school but these elite Canadian hockey players are almost always hockey and lacrosse in the summer IME.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Montreal stinks. The Leafs are missing their best man & even though they are playing as though they have one hand tied behind their backs I still don't see the Habs winning another hockey game till October.

Montreal stinks. The Leafs are missing their best man & even though they are playing as though they have one hand tied behind their backs I still don't see the Habs winning another hockey game till October.
At the beginning of the 3rd, the Habs bench looked so dejected. I am a Leaf fan, but the Habs are very likely toast Thursday or Sat.

Foligno is out as well and he is one of the Leafs toughest.

Owen Bawn

I hope Cam Atkinson one day gets to play on a winner, but I doubt it'll be in Columbus, which is too bad because he's really put his roots down in that community. He's all over town doing and saying all the right things.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

I can see the Habs winning another game (or not) but not the series.

I would rank Matthews, Marner, probably Nylander, and potentially Campbell ahead of Tavares.

The question is what is the summertime fate of the Habs? Over the past few years the GM has pretty consistently made good trade moves and signings, but can't seem to give the team the "it factor" to get them to the next level.

He has one year left on his contract .. Will he get an extension this summer? Will he be left to dangle in the last year of the current contract and see what happens? Will the owner fire him and bring in a new guy (and if so, who?)

Should be interesting.
The Blue Jackets were 3, maybe only 2 guys away from being real contenders, so they blew the team up.

They were one sane head coach away, so they blew up the team.

Yup. Outside at the cottage. Had to get cable out here! Unfortunately my cottage is closer to Montreal and Ottawa so my “friends” here are my enemies tonight! Sens and Habs fans (Leaf haters!)

26C987AF-CD15-49B5-B2F9-8A37D020031A.jpeg

Owen Bawn

Seems like only yesterday I predicted the Leafs would win in 5... tonight's game was lost by the knucklehead upstairs who called Keefe behind the bench on his Dick Tracy wristwatch phone to tell him to protest the Habs' first goal.

PS-- I knew I was saving this gem for some reason...

Last edited:
Top Bottom