What's new

Shark Super Stainless

I bought these out of curiosity to use in my single edge Dark Stag folding Kamisori. First shave was a total blood bath! They tugged a lot and skipped over my bristles rather than slicing through. Lots of skin irritation and nicks galore. I'll give them another go in the cut throat and then in my R89 just to be fair. I'll post an update when I get around to it.

They are a weird blade for me. I absolutely hated Sharks for years. They were awful in my old Gillettes. Tons of irritation every shave.

Recently, I tried the Shark SS blades in my Karve and Rockwell 6S and they are excellent. So good that I just bought a 200 pack.

They are one of those blades that really perform differently in different razors.

I have not tried the Shark Super Stainless blades. I have used the Shark Super Chrome blades and they are a fail for me; they are not nearly sharp enough for my beard and tug horribly. I have not been enticed to try the SS. However, I did purchase some Shark Platinum blades and found them to be pretty good blades, both sharp and smooth. They are not my favorites, but unlike the Super Chromes, I can get a decent shave.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I used Shark SS blades in a Gillette Super Speed exclusively between last July and this past weekend. Just below my top tier blades, they worked just fine for me.

I've used Shark blades now almost exclusively since 2016 with the Super Stainless being the original that worked in almost every razor I put them in. I switched to the Super Chrome version sometime in 2017 and it has become my go to blade and the one that I hold other blades to when comparing something new regardless of brand!! I would also suggest the Silver Star from Lord Ltd as well if you are looking for just a SS blade. They are pretty much even with the SC's in my opinion. I've tried the Super Platinum version but for some reason it just didn't like me much and struggled through 3-4 blades and Pif'd the other 6 or so to another member last year.

I have tried most every Russian made blade and would have to say they were all just awful for me with the exception of the Nacet which for the most part were acceptable. Feather and Kai's were a failure here as well but with my recent pick up of some Bic Platinum's I may know what my problem was. The Bic's were a 1 and done blade. I was able to bet an outstanding shave on the 1st use but if I tried for multiple shaves on the same blade I looked like I just went through a meat slicer with all the cuts and weepers they left behind. I remember having the same experience with Feather and Kai blades but its been a while since I've used them its kinda foggy!! Personna's just didn't agree with me as I tried all versions without success at all.

I've used Shark blades now almost exclusively since 2016 with the Super Stainless being the original that worked in almost every razor I put them in. I switched to the Super Chrome version sometime in 2017 and it has become my go to blade and the one that I hold other blades to when comparing something new regardless of brand!! I would also suggest the Silver Star from Lord Ltd as well if you are looking for just a SS blade. They are pretty much even with the SC's in my opinion. I've tried the Super Platinum version but for some reason it just didn't like me much and struggled through 3-4 blades and Pif'd the other 6 or so to another member last year.

I have tried most every Russian made blade and would have to say they were all just awful for me with the exception of the Nacet which for the most part were acceptable. Feather and Kai's were a failure here as well but with my recent pick up of some Bic Platinum's I may know what my problem was. The Bic's were a 1 and done blade. I was able to bet an outstanding shave on the 1st use but if I tried for multiple shaves on the same blade I looked like I just went through a meat slicer with all the cuts and weepers they left behind. I remember having the same experience with Feather and Kai blades but its been a while since I've used them its kinda foggy!! Personna's just didn't agree with me as I tried all versions without success at all.
It's strange isn't it, how different blades work differently for different razor, beard combinations. I can't use anything by Lord (not sharp enough for me) and sharks just don't work for me so far (I've only used them in a Kamisori so far so I'll try again with the R89). I found Bic got better with successive shaves (i.e. Sharper) and I got better results each time. Feather tend to be the best to shave with once you have enough experience to deal with them (I'm not quite there yet with a single blade, still lots of nics!). I'm realising that as my skill with a razor has increased the blades have taken on a different character for me. I have also realised that you can slightly tailor the blades (using a straight edge) characteristics by handling the razor differently, the sharper the blade the lighter your touch... I pretty much just guide the razors weight.

Shark blades (all three varieties) are well worth a try IMO! For me they are all fine blades!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I'm gonna try them in my R89. In a single blade (Dark Stag folding Kamisori) they cut me to shreds... Not touched them since. In the spirit of fairness I'll try again.

I'm a fan of Lord Platinum and Lord Super Chrome but not of Shark Super Stainless (I haven't tried any of the other blades made by Lord). In fact, the latter seems to hate my face. I wound up with quite a few weepers and nicks when I used the Shark SS. That said, I'm curious about how Shark Super Chrome and Shark Platinums will work with me.

I have not tried the Shark Super Stainless blades. I have used the Shark Super Chrome blades and they are a fail for me; they are not nearly sharp enough for my beard and tug horribly. I have not been enticed to try the SS. However, I did purchase some Shark Platinum blades and found them to be pretty good blades, both sharp and smooth. They are not my favorites, but unlike the Super Chromes, I can get a decent shave.
I also tried the Shark Super Chromium and after 2 shaves they began to tug heavily, they lose their sharpness for me. The Shark Super Stainless blades last about 7 2 pass shaves for me, i find them very good!

M

mtcn77

I'm a fan of Lord Platinum and Lord Super Chrome but not of Shark Super Stainless (I haven't tried any of the other blades made by Lord). In fact, the latter seems to hate my face. I wound up with quite a few weepers and nicks when I used the Shark SS. That said, I'm curious about how Shark Super Chrome and Shark Platinums will work with me.
Hi, they are hit and miss, but sometimes they feel smooth and dull. That is when I like them the most.

this thread made me try the shark stainless today and had a good shave ! I wanted to use the sharks as I lead shark dives for years (as in scuba) so just cause the name and logo :) will try the platinum to of course :)

this thread made me try the shark stainless today and had a good shave ! I wanted to use the sharks as I lead shark dives for years (as in scuba) so just cause the name and logo :) will try the platinum to of course :)
There is Shark Super Chrome besides the Platinum and Stainless.

I prefer the Super Chrome to the Super Stainless. The first are a bit smoother.
But the Super Stainless are also very good blades, IMO.

Top Bottom