What's new

Your favorite travel razor

With a lot of travel restrictions around the world right now, I thought would be a great time to brush the dust off your favorite travel razor and show it off here.

I travel with a Merkur futur, I find the adjustable to be perfect as I can adjust after a few days of growth or tone it down to shave everyday. I also wouldn't be too fussed if I lost it as it's easily replaceable, at least for now.

Attachments

• futur.jpg
    futur.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
Gillette 2-3 blade disposable or cartridge and I do not take a brush nor a special soap (hotel conditioner). I travel light.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Merkur 985 or Wilkinson Sword Classic (black plastic version), subject to whether I'm pocket carrying a basic kit, or packing a full washbag.

My birth quarter Super Slim Twist is currently in a grooming kit, which either sits between the two, or compliments the full washbag. If complimenting, I'll swap the Super Slim Twist for a Dovo Shavette.

Oneblade core because I can safely shave in I-idiot mode (sleepy, tired, drunk) with it
Considering getting a second broman instead because it runs normal de blades

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I'm a bit of a weirdo when I travel -- some would maintain I'm a weirdo....period -- but depending on the method and length of travel, I usually take at least 2 razors from my den.
  • Car travel (more than a day or two), I will take an injector and a DE. I like diversity when I'm on the road, so I will choose an injector I haven't used in a while. Initially it was the Schick Type H (Lady's Fashion Razor), but I've also taken the Type L with a Japanese twin blade loaded up as well. I have even taken my Schick Type A (the first Magazine Repeating Razor).

As for the DE, I've taken a Tech, a Single Ring, a New Long Comb, New Short Comb, whatever I haven't used in a while. If I'm traveling during September, then I'll take one or two slant razors (for Slantember). If it's OCtober, then I pull a few OC razors with me as well.

• Air travel (where I can check my luggage), I'll take a couple of SE razors and at least 1 DE. My last trip to NYC, I took a Gem Junior Bar lather catcher and an Autostrop (B1)....both razors had roots in "the city", so I wanted to shave with them there. I also took a Single Ring that I know came from the Gillette Times Square store. Again, the rules surrounding SEptember, Schicktember, Slantember, OCtober apply as well. I don't usually do DEcember, but I probably will this year.

• For those times when I can't check luggage, I'll take a Gillette Guard. It's a perfectly fine shaver, it's just lacks "soul" in my eyes, so it doesn't usually make an appearance unless it has to.
I've got a trip coming up, and it'll be right around SEptember/Slantember, so I'm already trying to work out what will be coming with me. I'm also looking forward to traveling with a DE Shavette and a Weck Sextoblade -- both are great razors (especially the Weck).

Even when I was traveling by air every week for work, I ended up taking lather catchers and different DE razors. I always take a synthetic brush (either the Yaqi Familia Sagrada or the Moka Express) and at least two different sticks/creams (Arko, Palmolive, GFT Limes cream, LEA, La Toja....etc). I find traveling stressful....actually, I find life can be fairly stressful, and shaving is my zen-fun activity that helps calm my mind and just generally makes me happy. So yep, I'm a weirdo. I can post pics of any of the razors mentioned above or you can search B&B using the razor name and my member name (Flintstone65) and you'll see those razors in various threads I've posted in.

Safe travels!!!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I like the ATT S1 (slant) for travel. It's almost impossible to get a weeper with this razor and I don't take my alum when I travel.

Actually, that's a very good point, which I hadn't consciously considered. My travel razors (mentioned earlier in the thread) are all mild, and the only post shave I might take when travelling, might be an EdT if I there's some kind of special occasion on the cards.

This has been my preferred travel set for the last months since I got it - a 1960s Feather 1200 set. It is a wonderful shaver, like a Tech but with nicer weight. And the whole package is supercool, I find :001_tt1:

3957232F-B6FA-4099-B9CA-EDE22061DBB4.jpeg

My travel brush is a Simpson Major in best badger. Built for travel it fits the thinking perfectly, I really like it. Don’t have a pic of my specimen but it is this one:

99678FF0-9250-4049-833E-C2E42AE8CDC0.jpeg

Top Bottom