What's new

DMT8EE in bad shape?

I bought an DMT8EE online at Ebay "Buy Now". It is high today but there have been problems.

This filled with areas where there is no diamond, feels perfectly with the finger holes "THERE ARE MANY."

I have a photograph.
I have spent my coticule above to see as scratches. BIG SCRATCHES. My norton 8k is smooth as glass, leaving a mirror shine.

The letters are almost wiped despite being new "The shop I was sold as new," this seems to be hone scrap aspect. It has been sealed in a box of impeccable appearance.

Is this DMT8EE in bad shape?

Greetings and thanks

Dioni

This filled with areas where there is no diamond, feels perfectly with the finger holes "THERE ARE MANY."

I think I felt the same, my razor also snagged a few times when I tried to sharpen it. So I did some light lapping of the DMT (EVEN it states that the hone is ready for use.. yeah, for plane blades maybe, not for razors)

I have a photograph.
I have spent my coticule above to see as scratches. BIG SCRATCHES. My norton 8k is smooth as glass, leaving a mirror shine.

What do you mean? ARE there scratches?, or do you GET scratches?, on what?
After a little use, I see some light scratches in the DMT plate, if I hold it to the light, but I don't understand what the coticule have to do with this.

The letters are almost wiped despite being new

Mine is the same, looks like the production did not make the letters to show clearly. I just used an permanent marker, and wrote the same under, so I know which DMT is which.

Is this DMT8EE in bad shape?

Nah, Don't think so, at least I don't hope so..

I think I felt the same, my razor also snagged a few times when I tried to sharpen it. So I did some light lapping of the DMT (EVEN it states that the hone is ready for use.. yeah, for plane blades maybe, not for razors)

What do you mean? ARE there scratches?, or do you GET scratches?, on what?
After a little use, I see some light scratches in the DMT plate, if I hold it to the light, but I don't understand what the coticule have to do with this.

Mine is the same, looks like the production did not make the letters to show clearly. I just used an permanent marker, and wrote the same under, so I know which DMT is which.

Nah, Don't think so, at least I don't hope so..

DMT slightly on coticule to see the results. Unacceptable for anything. Some scratches like as 600 grit sandpaper. Unable to slip anything on this gently hone. They are like holes and bumps "Steel is not smooth." As granules. Aspect regrettable. NOT WANT THIS HONE

Greetings

Dioni

I think he is translating with a dictionary.

My take is that he gets scratches on his coticle with light lapping with the DMT. I do not have a EE only a C for lapping so I've not seen one.

I believe I read to take an old piece of steel and lightly "scrub" the DMT to dislodge any large particles.

Yes mis english is bad:frown:

My take is that he gets scratches on his coticle with light lapping with the DMT. I do not have a EE only a C for lapping so I've not seen one.

I believe I read to take an old piece of steel and lightly "scrub" the DMT to dislodge any large particles.

I tried a piece steel but has not improved much.
He sent an e-mail the seller and another to DMT. I hope it can be solved. I do not know if the warranty DMT is international.

Greetings and thanks

Dioni

Hm, I would not use an EE to lap my coticule, but use my C for that.
But I had also snagging in my EE, that is, the razor sort of hooked up in the plate when I tried to hone an razor.
So I lapped my norton 4K very lightly on the EE, and now it is smooth.

Yes mis english is bad:frown:

I tried a piece steel but has not improved much.
He sent an e-mail the seller and another to DMT. I hope it can be solved. I do not know if the warranty DMT is international.

Greetings and thanks

Dioni

Much better than my Spanish or Italian. :001_smile

Hm, I would not use an EE to lap my coticule, but use my C for that.
But I had also snagging in my EE, that is, the razor sort of hooked up in the plate when I tried to hone an razor.
So I lapped my norton 4K very lightly on the EE, and now it is smooth.

Fantastic feedback. Just got my EE. If I run into any problems, I may try this.

Roughening have disappeared with use and is now smooth.
I received a reply from DMT
Small holes of 1mm like its been stabbed at with a pointed object... DMT response are normal. Paste response from DMT customer care.

Greetings from Catalonia

Dioni

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Dioni,
Thank you for inquiring about our stones. I spoke with our engineer in regards to your question as I wanted to be sure that my answer would be correct. Please note that those small “holes” on the surface of your stone are normal, and strictly cosmetic. It will not affect the efficiency of your stone. If you have any further questions or concerns don’t hesitate to contact me. You can reach me by phone at the number below or you can e-mail me directly at [email protected]. Once again thank you, and have a wonderful day!

Giving you the Edge,
Livia De Martin
DMT Customer Care
Tel 508-481-5944
Fax 508-485-3924
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top Bottom