What's new

Your Sideburns. Tips, Techniques and Ideas Welcome.

This is one of the few situations where a cart is actually pretty handy. Well, the Fusion carts anyways. That single "precision trimmer" blade on the back is awesome for sideburns. Only one blade and because of how small it is and where it's situated within the cartridge, there's nothing to get in the way of your life of sight.

I actually have a few fusion carts left I may pull out for this purpose, I kinda forgot about it until this thread.

How I usually do it though, with a DE or otherwise, is pick a line, roughly at the bottom of my earlobe, and angle it about 30° down towards my chin. The problem is that my sideburns actually start coming it different points on either side. So if I line up the bottoms, one is actually longer than the other. But if I keep them the same length, they stop at different points down my face.

When I'm trying to keep the bushiness under control (and they are bushy) I just use electric clippers. However, I tend to keep them bushy to draw attention away from the previously mentioned height disparity :lol:

Somehow you've made me think about using a shavette for it with that post. I can't even explain how.

My goal is to keep them the same length as they were, every shave. In the real world, they ever so gradually get longer and longer. Fortunately, by the time they get TOO long, it's time for a haircut and my wife trims them back up properly.

I've had sideburns about 25 years. I touch them up while shaving and shave the line straight across. The best way I've learned to make sure they are even is to put each of my fingers underneath my sideburns with the fingetips pointing towards my nose. Then I trace that path to my nose. I don't do this every time, just when I look in the mirror and notice they look uneven.

The only other tip I can give you is when you do screw up your sideburns shaving them try to fix the once and then if they're still screwed up walk away and try again tomorrow. That way you don't keep going until they're gone.

Top Bottom