What's new

Yesterday's shave what went wrong?

Yesterday was the second time I used this razor since I got it cleaned it up and honed it. The first time every thing went fine. Yesterday I thought it went fine just hit a small pimple and had a little blood on my right cheek. It wasn't until I was brushing my teeth before bed that I saw I had two inch long cuts on my left cheek. This was 17 hours after the shave. There was no blood pain or even sting when I applied witch hazel during the shave. How could I have could I have cut myself and not see it for that long.

Pics were taken today after work about 34 hours later.

Just wondering if it is angle pressure or honing issue. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Attachments

• $DSCF7473.jpg
    $DSCF7473.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 117
  • $DSCF7474.jpg
    $DSCF7474.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 117
  • $DSCF7479.jpg
    $DSCF7479.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 117
  • $DSCF7480.jpg
    $DSCF7480.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 117
  • $DSCF7481.jpg
    $DSCF7481.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 117
II was doing that as well. For me it was me touching my face and then starting the stroke. A little hesitation and bad things happen.

Last edited:
I have been trying to watch out for that. I realized it was my problem a couple weeks ago when I would nick myself but always saw blood almost instantly and felt that I did it. This would have been my non dominant hand maybe I just need to really watch myself especially left handed. Thanks.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I think Imatabor was right about the hesitation, between using my left hand and working arourd my glasses and still being able to see through them, I'm pretty blind without them. It is probably lucky I haven't got myself on this stroke before. It just through me that I couldn't see it until so long after and it kept looking worse every time I looked in the mirror. I guess thinking about it I have scratched or cut myself at work and not noticed for several hours or even the next day. It seems less noticeable today and I'm sure it will be gone soon.

On the plus side, you look super smooth even after 34 hours..................:laugh:

I had shaved earlier that day pics would have been about 10 hours after that shave. It was a different razor but still a straight. I ain't a scarred a nut'n. :lol:

On the plus side marks are almost gone and I did use that razor again with no problems.:biggrin1:

Occassionaly the shaving gods require blood sacrifice. I've gotten used to it. I have noticed that they don't like me using shavettes and punish me accordingly. They're purists like that.

Top Bottom