What's new

Yay, it's WILLY'S WEDNESDAY.

I have 5 tucks that came with my Pearl Flexi OC. I haven't tried them because of my typical trend of sticking to blades that I like. And I've heard mixed reviews about the Willy's blades.
But considering that a thread was created and I read some positives, I'll give them a try!

I got excited but it turns out they only ship in India - Shipping Policy – Glow Shines - https://glowshines.com/shipping-policy/

I tried the cart, which confirmed this :-(
Oh. I'll check with the owner and see what they say.

On a side note, I am using the 50 Willy's blades bundled with the Pearl Flexi black edition.

These new blades seem pretty rough and dull. I am a bit surprised. To check of it was a problem with the razor, I used it on settings 1, 2 and 3 to rule out any alignment issues. I just found the shaves lacking.

So far I am not impressed with these new batch of blades. I'll try a different razor to validate.

So far these news are barely one and done.

Oh. I'll check with the owner and see what they say.

On a side note, I am using the 50 Willy's blades bundled with the Pearl Flexi black edition.

These new blades seem pretty rough and dull. I am a bit surprised. To check of it was a problem with the razor, I used it on settings 1, 2 and 3 to rule out any alignment issues. I just found the shaves lacking.

So far I am not impressed with these new batch of blades. I'll try a different razor to validate.

So far these news are barely one and done.
I guess if I can't get them easily, hearing this kind of thing helps! Although on balance I am usually happier knowing there are more good blades in the world, even if they're inaccessible to me...

After posting my gloom review of a few blades from the last tuck, I took out a new blade from a different tuck which came with the Pearl Flexi Black edition.

I used thr Razorock Super Slant OC 2++ on 3 days of growth.

The shave was very smooth and amazing. 2 passes and a touch up passes did a good job of giving an excellent BBS shave.

The blade performed well. Was the first tuck terrible or was the razor blade combo not so good ?

I'll look up the old tuck and use it in a different razor to see how it fares.

Great weekend folks !
20230915_181849.jpg

Willy's Wednesday SOTD
Knockout-SOTD-P_2024-05-15.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac Silvertip 2-Band 20/46 🇩🇪
Soap: Chiseled Face Natural 🇺🇸
Razor: 1947 Knockout 🇬🇧
Blade: Willy's (3) 🇮🇳
ASL: Clubman 🇺🇸

A superb shave. :biggrin:

My Number 1 favorite Closed Comb razor, the Knockout (No. 2 Phoenix Quantum Alpha and No. 3 Lambda Athena), led this magical shaving team.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Willy's are new to my vocabulary, what is so great about em?:letterk1:

I find them very smooth and also plenty sharp. They remind me of the Polsilver SI and the Wizamet SI blades. Frankly, one of the reasons I love using the Willy's blades is their lack of glue or wax. I know how to remove the goop, but why go to the trouble when Willy's blades don't require it of me.

That's just my point of view. I'm certainly no expert on any of these blades, but I know what I like.

Happy shaves,

Jim

• Cheers
Reactions: Cal

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Gotta count my Willy's blades. I know I have some, and I might have a couple or three tucks, but I don't know.

Pearl seems to have them now. The shipping to the US is staggering considering the cost of the blades, and there are some offered elsewhere at a lower price including shipping, but I don't know anything about the vendors - PinkWoolf & a eBay vendor - either good or bad.

Right now I'm pondering. I'm in no hurry.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom