What's new

Yardley of London "Luxury Soaps" any users?

Anyone use any of these? How do they smell?

http://www.yardleylondon.com/index.php?cPath=3_57

While I love the Oatmeal Almond and feel like I get a rather decent lather, do these triple-milled explode like say AOS or some other fine cream when you rub it against a wash cloth? Just want to know where my extra money is going before I pop for a 6 pack of soap for $25.00 off amazon, also want to know about the smells, how are they?

Our finest quality, triple-milled luxury soap is made with select natural oils and botanicals to create a lush creamy lather that cleanses gently, rinses completely, leaving your skin feeling exquisitely soft and delicately scented.

The Yardley London heritage includes over 200 years of timeless elegance and quality, as well as six British Royal Warrants -- an honor afforded to only the finest companies and products.

I use all three, I prefer the Lavender and Lilly of the Valley but the Rose is fine. They are Palm Oil soaps and only contain Glycerin, the older stock has Glycerin higher on the ingredients list than the later ones. They all smell fine too. English Lavender Oil is an ingredient in both Lavender and Lilly of the Valley, but the ingredients list isn't really bursting with botanicals.

Last edited:
I've not used the "luxury" labeled soaps, but I'm a happy user of several of their bars. I bought the rose (non-luxury, I guess), and found the scent to be so overpowering that my wife was sure that a grandmother had snuck into our shower. :lol: However, the Lavendar and the Oatmeal with Almond are amazing. I can imagine the "luxury" line may be divine...but I can handle paying a buck per bar of the lowly regular stuff.:thumbup1:

I use the Yardley of London Lavendar and I like it's scent. While very good the Yardley's made in the USA is not as good as the one made in England. Worth the extra $'s to me. It's is just superb soap. I like it better than Nesti Condi and Claus Porto which are both excellent.

I have used the American versions of the lavender, the oatmeal almond, etc., they are very good and widely available. The English version of the lavender, which is actually made in England, is quite a bit more powerful, it's green and has a heady turpentine-ish raw lavender smell, it's great. I found if for pretty cheap at CVS online, worth seeking out, comes in a nice box of three.

Top Bottom