What's new

Wostenholm restore

I picked this up at the antique mall by my house for $15. Had a small chip in the edge that bread knifed out, and the chip in the toe I will eliminate with a barbers notch. Scales are the hard rubber type and were not cracked or warped, but I plan on giving it a nicer set.

Can anyone help me date the blade? Most of the pipe razors I see have a large pipe on the tang and nothing else. Or they have a lot of text. The other side of the tang says weck n.y.

This is my first restore and I'm going to make it a daily shaver.

Attachments

• $20130527_094220-1.jpg
    $20130527_094220-1.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 103
It was made post- 1892 to whenever the company closed down because it says "Eng" stamped on the tang. That's as good as I can do.

I've been googling the heck out of it and can't find a tang like it.
The "weck ny" on the back is also throwing me off, abs its a much much lighter etching

Last edited:
I've seen many tangs just like it. "weck ny" likely indicates that wostenholm company made it to be distributed through a dealer in new york.

I found one similar (but in much nicer shape) doing a Google image search for "Original Pipe Razor." You can also buy a t-shirt with the same logo -- pretty cool if you like t's.

My wife bought me one of these that looks older than yours at a local antique mall over the weekend. I will post a photo tomorrow. I found an old catalog page containing several different models in a search over the weekend. I'll see if I can't find that again. Apparently these were common enough to not be terribly collectible, but the still look cool and supposedly hold a very good edge.

Top Bottom