What's new

Wildest end to a soccer game.EVER!

Context is key for me. Does the finish to the game have huge stakes? To people that don't know, the Championship Playoff Final has been called the most lucrative game in all of sports because of the potential money for your club if you win ($129.5 million). That, in my mind, makes something like this better than, say, the Music City Miracle because that play didn't result in a Super Bowl berth and the Titans didn't win that year anyway. If Watford go up to the Premier League on Sunday, this play will be cemented as one of the greatest ever game finishes IMO.

But I'm biased. Soccer has the most dramatic moments in sports by far each year, from final day relegation drama (2005, 2009, 2011), the race for Champion's League places that go down to the wire, the awesome year that was 2012 with all its last-gasp winners (Man Utd/City title drama, Chelsea refusing to die in the Champion's League and ultimately winning), Liverpool winning in Istanbul in 2005, Wigan winning the FA Cup this week at the last second....among many others.

No other sport comes close on a more consistent basis IMO. But part of it is because there's more to play for in soccer than other sports. More than just one title each year. So the potential for drama on many levels is always there.

Last edited:
So, the team scored one goal in the dying moments of the match and this is the wildest end to a soccer game ever?

Am I watching the right video?

This was the second most exciting ending.

Call me when the goalie gets his teeth knocked out, goes to the side and hands them to a coach before returning back to his position to finish the game.

Which actually happened in hockey a week ago.

Youes is a bunch of haters, I tell you what.

:a49:

Last edited by a moderator:
Call me when the goalie gets his teeth knocked out, goes to the side and hands them to a coach before returning back to his position to finish the game.

Which actually happened in hockey a week ago.
Stuff like that happens a lot, actually. People get gashes and get their heads mummified in tape and run back on, etc. It was either this year of last year that Carlos Puyol of Barcelona couldn't wait for the physio to treat a head wound, so he just used a stapler to staple the gash shut and ran back on.

But what does toughness have to do with wild finishes?

Top Bottom