What's new

What LORD blade is this? (Diamond edge)

Gentlemen,

Do you know what Lord platinum is this and what is the difference from the regular platinum?

The “diamond edge” is apparently what differentiates it from the regular package.

I wonder if you guys have any info on that one.

Thank you
Alex
IMG_6321.jpeg

Some type of ceramic coating on these ones, I think. About 1.5 times more expensive than the usual Lord Platinum. They seem to have come on the market fairly recently.

Some type of ceramic coating on these ones, I think. About 1.5 times more expensive than the usual Lord Platinum. They seem to have come on the market fairly recently.
Over here it’s the same price. Hmmm, that triggered my interest..

I have had them since the beginning of the year. I didn't know there was any difference since the wrapper is the same.

I have and I can't tell a difference. If these are binned for higher quality it's worth it to me, only paid $14/100. If they have a new coating as mentioned then that's good too, but I don't think the uncoated blade is any different anyway.
Ok I’ll pull the trigger. It’s the same price so it’s worth a try. Thank you sir.

Maybe you can let us know what you think after you try them out. That would be interesting to know. Could be they shave about the same as the regular Lord Platinum but last longer?

I will, for sure!

I guess I better revisit these, I seem to remember them being a similar sharpness and smoothness as Astra SPs.

I find the regular white platinum more like the SS than the SP.

I find them sharp and very smooth. Not BIC sharp, but sharp enough and above the medium level.

I’ll try to use the black and white and see if there’s a difference.

Gentlemen,

I just shaved using the diamond edge and it seems to be the same blade with a more premium package (blade dispenser).

I’ll continue to compare them in different razors but out of the gate in my Rockwell plate 4 there was no discernible difference.

Considering I paid $4 for 100 in a barber supply store 2 blocks from my house I’d say it’s a winner.

Top Bottom