What's new

Updated Parker injector ("v3")

I have the first version and it is my go to tool for my head shaves. It's nice to see them improving their product.

I clicked sharpologist's affiliate link, but there is no indication that I am actually going to get V3. I always wanted one of these, but not taking a chance and getting the older one. He says they are visually identical so that's going to make it even harder to tell.

I clicked sharpologist's affiliate link, but there is no indication that I am actually going to get V3. I always wanted one of these, but not taking a chance and getting the older one. He says they are visually identical so that's going to make it even harder to tell.
That's what I was wondering...how do we tell if we've got the latest one?

He wrote:
By the way, the v2 razor has been out of stock for some time, so any time you see a (new) listing this razor it will be the latest version. The Parker Adjustable Injector Razor is available for about $34 with a pack of 20 blades on Amazon, with availability from other vendors coming soon.

So if the supply line dried up months ago, presumably only the v3 is available.

Honest question: What Pearl Flexi fiasco?
The whole thing with versions and batch numbers. Perl only puts production numbers on the razor from what I have heard, but there are 3 version(revisions). The earliest ones had the baseplate alignment issue and I think the second ones were supposed to fix it and didn't. The problem was everybody was checking retails to make sure they got the latest version, but the razor are sold based on the production run(12, 13 I think). I have some of these details wrong, but the gist of it is that people were trying to get the latest version and there was confusion which batch numbers were actually part of that version. And Perl wasn't helping, at least for awhile, so misinformation was being spread as fact and retailers were/are left with razors that people don't want to buy.

Interesting, I have the V1, did not even know there was a V2....... V1 for me is useless.....I cannot get a nice close shave even a maximum setting....I guess I could apply pressure and compensate that way.....but I have so many Schick razors that I just don't need any Parker.....

From an Amazon review regarding version 2:"Yes it is the version 2, version 1 did not have the Parker logo etched on the handle."
So if there is an easy way to distinguish V1 from V2, hopefully the same goes for the V3.
In typical Amazon fashion of course, all of the reviews get lumped together just like movies. A DVDr version of a movie that was copied from an old VHS tape reviews is lumped together with a 25th Anniversary 4K Criterion Edition.

I bought the Parker V2 Injector from Amazon back in early February 2023 and I use it frequently. It consistently delivers a close and comfortable shave for me on setting 3. I enjoyed it so much that it motivated me to acquire several vintage Schick Injectors too. I might buy a Parker V3 Injector as well. I am glad Parker is making relatively low cost Injector razors and helping to keep this excellent razor format available.

From an Amazon review regarding version 2:"Yes it is the version 2, version 1 did not have the Parker logo etched on the handle."
So if there is an easy way to distinguish V1 from V2, hopefully the same goes for the V3.
In typical Amazon fashion of course, all of the reviews get lumped together just like movies. A DVDr version of a movie that was copied from an old VHS tape reviews is lumped together with a 25th Anniversary 4K Criterion Edition.

At least with this product, only one vendor is selling it, so we know the reviews are about the product coming from Super Safety Razors. Too often, when Amazon sells out of something that one of their 3rd party shlock vendors carry, the link transfers to stock from a 3rd party vendor. We can never tell from the reviews whether the customers just bought inferior merchandise from a 3rd party vendor rather than Amazon. All the reviews are commingled.

Why doesn't Parker just engrave V3 on the razor and note it on the box? How are the Parker injectable blades and how many shaves do you get from 1 for a little less than 50¢ per blade?

Why doesn't Parker just engrave V3 on the razor and note it on the box? How are the Parker injectable blades and how many shaves do you get from 1 for a little less than 50¢ per blade?
If you're asking me, sorry. I only have vintage Schick injectors and Ted Pella blades.

Top Bottom