What's new

Tips For Finishing on Softer Jnats?

I was attacked in pixel by a prominent seller who I outed for re-stamping a vintage stone, the problem was that I saw the stone before he attempted to resell it and I posted before and after photos. It got to the point where he tried to scare me off by saying that I illegally used his photo to make my point which of course didn’t work. The scammers are usually who you don‘t think they are, sometimes.

I was attacked in pixel by a prominent seller who I outed for re-stamping a vintage stone, the problem was that I saw the stone before he attempted to resell it and I posted before and after photos. It got to the point where he tried to scare me off by saying that I illegally used his photo to make my point which of course didn’t work. The scammers are usually who you don‘t think they are, sometimes.
That's exactly how I outed the famous Russian. I was bidding on that particular stone on Yahoo and then 4 months later I saw it with fresh stamps on his website. Once I found the old auction I posted the pictures. :)

Yeah, I’ve disposed of 50+ hones, not including nagura in the waters between Staten Island and Manhattan though the years. There is bad honing karma passing along a HLO (Hone Looking Object) to a buyer or anyone while knowing it doesn’t work or is not what it’s supposed to be.
I agree with this 100%. I get that people want to recover some of their cash but screwing someone else, the same way you got screwed is bad news. I don't know enough about jnats to authenticate one from sight but I've gotten lucky with the couple cheap ones I got. I'm a contractor and one thing that really gets to me is dishonest and unscrupulous contractors. They under bid everything and make it nearly impossible to get an honest wage on a job and then they do garbage work(way overpriced for what it is) and then people try too avoid calling a contractor at all costs because they don't want to get screwed. Then their stuff degenerates to the point it have to be completely redone so the job costs double what it would have and they go for a bottom of the barrel bid and the cycle starts over. I despise dishonest tradesmen.

Top Bottom