What's new

This is BBQ's Most Controversial Condiment!

I have a post on here somewhere with steps on how to make your own liquid smoke. I think... If not it's on the now hunting site I frequent.

Crock pot ribs and dehydrator jerky are the only times I touch it. If it is cooked on fire, LS isn't needed in my humble opinion.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
The key to liquid smoke is to use it by the drop. Too many folks get carried away with it, and it gets like shoving your head in the firebox. Don't do that to your guests.

As far as it being "a chemical," well, it's not "a" chemical. It's a whole bunch of chemicals. So is smoke. So is meat. Water is a chemical, man.

... Water is a chemical, man.

More on the deadly chemical DiHydrogen Monoxide:

Should I be concerned about Dihydrogen Monoxide?

Yes, you should be concerned about DHMO! Although the U.S. Government and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) do not classify Dihydrogen Monoxide as a toxic or carcinogenic substance (as it does with better known chemicals such as hydrochloric acid and benzene), DHMO is a constituent of many known toxic substances, diseases and disease-causing agents, environmental hazards and can even be lethal to humans in quantities as small as a thimbleful.
proxy.php
proxy.php
Research conducted by award-winning U.S. scientist Nathan Zohner concluded that roughly 86 percent of the population supports a ban on dihydrogen monoxide. Although his results are preliminary, Zohner believes people need to pay closer attention to the information presented to them regarding Dihydrogen Monoxide. He adds that if more people knew the truth about DHMO then studies like the one he conducted would not be necessary.
[FONT=&quot]A similar study conducted by U.S. researchers Patrick K. McCluskey and Matthew Kulick also found that nearly 90 percent of the citizens participating in their study were willing to sign a petition to support an outright ban on the use of Dihydrogen Monoxide in the United States.[/FONT]

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
More on the deadly chemical DiHydrogen Monoxide:

Should I be concerned about Dihydrogen Monoxide?

Yes, you should be concerned about DHMO! Although the U.S. Government and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) do not classify Dihydrogen Monoxide as a toxic or carcinogenic substance (as it does with better known chemicals such as hydrochloric acid and benzene), DHMO is a constituent of many known toxic substances, diseases and disease-causing agents, environmental hazards and can even be lethal to humans in quantities as small as a thimbleful.
proxy.php

proxy.php
Research conducted by award-winning U.S. scientist Nathan Zohner concluded that roughly 86 percent of the population supports a ban on dihydrogen monoxide. Although his results are preliminary, Zohner believes people need to pay closer attention to the information presented to them regarding Dihydrogen Monoxide. He adds that if more people knew the truth about DHMO then studies like the one he conducted would not be necessary.

[FONT=&amp]A similar study conducted by U.S. researchers Patrick K. McCluskey and Matthew Kulick also found that nearly 90 percent of the citizens participating in their study were willing to sign a petition to support an outright ban on the use of Dihydrogen Monoxide in the United States.[/FONT]

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

I just spilled some on my lap and now it has ran down onto my leather couch.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I thought this thread was going to be about Ketchup or Catsup, depending on where you're from.

I don't use liquid smoke on the BBQ but I do use it in other dishes.
In fact I just used it last night in my sloppy joes.

I don't mind liquid smoke on the grill or other things but I never use it with meats I put on the smoker.........

Top Bottom