What's new

The New York Jets.

The only thing I'm looking forward to, is Mark Sanchez being an ex-jet... I've always like Rex but his inability to make a decision embarrassed the hell out of us this year, so I wouldnt mind seeing him gone anymore either. Tannenbaum's needs to go as well.

I understand a team won't win'em all but when you embarrass yourself, your organization and even your fans, you HAVE to know you have to make changes... The 9ers loss should've been their cue but no, they insisted in abashing anything and everyone that had anything to do with the Jets. Even when the Dolphins went 1-15 a couple of years ago, they weren't as embarrassing as this Jets squad.

In the year that Curtis Martin gets into the HOF they pull this crap... Unbelievable.

It starts with Rex. He created the culture there. He brought in guys who anonymously trash the quarterback to the Daily News. He brought in guys like Bart Scott, Antonio Cromartie, Santonio Holmes. He brought in Tebow and created that mess. He brought in Sparano, who was horrendous in Miami (I will never understand that hiring). He made all the brash comments. He won't shut up about Brady's looks or Manning's prowess or how the Jets are NY's team and not the Giants. Like I've said, the guy doesn't know how to manage a team. He's a great defensive coordinator and he can rouse and rile up his players, but there's more to being a leader than that. They're not the worst team in the league, but they are absolutely the laughing stock of the league. Say what you want about Mangini and Herm Edwards, but they were never a punchline or a chaotic mess when those guys were the coach.

The team has to rebuild. Whether Woody Johnson sees that or not, we will see. They're too much of a mess. It's not just the quarterback. Lack of receivers, weak offensive line, aging defense.

I like the idea of Vick, because he can improve the running game. The Redskins are the number one rushing team in the league because of RGIII. When you have a quarterback who can run, the running backs are better. Atlanta was the number one rushing offense when Vick was there with Dunn and Duckett. They want to go "ground and pound," right or wrong, and Vick will make them a better "ground and pound" offense. Considering the situation with the offensive line and wide receivers, as I've said all season, it's hard for me to imagine ANY quarterback having much success throwing the football there. Really, Vick can't be worse than Sanchez, anyway; and what are their other options? McElroy, maybe. Alex Smith? Matt Flynn? Gamble on someone in the draft? They don't have a lot of options.

Vick would be a good option while they rebuild, whether that's under Ryan, or someone else (I think they will probably keep him). They can use the draft to pick up guys at positions other than quarterback and find a quarterback another year. This isn't a team that's going to suddenly get a lot better. Not with Brady and Belichick in the division.

I agree about your comment about the head coach. The Bears started 7-1 and are now in free fall. When Phil Emery was brought as the GM he was immediately handcuffed with Lovie Smith who btw has only won 3 playoff games in 8 years and has a mediocre record against the Packers (8-9).

He has pretty much ignored the offensive side of the ball even though they have players like Brandon Marshall and Matt Forte. Plus the offensive line has been a mess for several years and Cutler has usually been running for his life most of the time.

I almost hope the Bears don't make it into the Playoffs so they can get rid of him.

Here's my Christmas gift to Jets fans. They deserve it after the past couple of years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNCRUHGSYnk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeRy857VPS4

I call myself a Saints fan because I live in Louisiana but in truth my boyhood team was the Los Angeles Rams and I have felt orphaned since their exodus to St. Louis. I have fond memories of the Jets good seasons and hope they put it all together. They're just one of those teams I like to see do well.

Let's get better Jets!

Ahahaha. 2:20-2:30. I can't watch that play enough. I will remember that one for the rest of my life.

I'm thankful that they flexed this Chargers/Jets atrocity out of prime time, so that I can watch the 49'ers/Seahawks game at 8:30 p.m. That should be a great game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Call me crazy but I'm feeling optimistic about Geno Smith... Well, to be honest, I feel good about any QB other than Mark Sanchez. ...and to be really, really honest, I also feel optimistic about my team every summer...

Top Bottom