What's new

Texas Gov. Declares State Sovereignty

Since we're getting into hypotheticals, do you think that they'd throw the Texas teams out of the Big 12 if Texas secedes? If so, would that cause anyone to reconsider their position on the issue?

Considering that they make up 1/3 of the BIG 12, I would highly doubt it... If nothing else, it would become the big 8 :tongue:

I wouldn't care though...

He recently came out with a very good brand of cigars. Well, if he can't be governor, why not president? King? Prime Minister?

King or PM? Noooooo thanks - we got enough problems with our current PM, and HM the Queen is rather sufficient to the cause, thank you :wink:

Interesting points... First, we could do without the panhandle. :lol:

Second, the majority of us are Americans by accident of birth. While I am proud to be an American, I am also proud to be a Texan, just as some of our fellow members are proud to be Black, and some are proud to be White.... Some of these are accidents of birth and some aren't. We shouldn't be forced to be anything that we don't want to be assuming there is a possible remedy. If for some reason the majority isn't proud to be American for whatever reason, they should have the ability to change that.

Third, Texas sent in $14 billion more than we received from the Fed. It would have a lot of Allies world-wide if secession became reality... Which I agree with you that it wouldn't. I think that many European countries, China, as well as others would jump at that opportunity. And the US couldn't afford the negative attention that would result in them repressing the secession of one of its states in light of our historical positions.

I'm proud of all American's from all states. I'm also proud that we have the 50 states that we do. There isn't a man, woman or child in the STATE of Texas that ever lived (or even had Grandparents that lived) in Texas before Statehood. By this logic the UK should swoop in and take back the 13 original colonies. I mean after all, historically they were theirs first (yes for those looking for an argument I realize that American Indians/First Nation were in North America long before the Brits).

But yes, I agree it won't happen.

I'm proud of all American's from all states. I'm also proud that we have the 50 states that we do. There isn't a man, woman or child in the STATE of Texas that ever lived (or even had Grandparents that lived) in Texas before Statehood. By this logic the UK should swoop in and take back the 13 original colonies. I mean after all, historically they were theirs first (yes for those looking for an argument I realize that American Indians/First Nation were in North America long before the Brits).

But yes, I agree it won't happen.

I'm not sure which logic brought you to your point about the UK:confused: But my point was that an accident of Birth is how must of us are Americans. That is something that can be changed if desired (we can move to another country and denounce our citizenship). If a vast majority in any state didn't want to be part of America anymore, I think they should be able to change that if they desire. Notice this is the choice of the people, not Mexico or Spain swooping in and taking back anything... I don't see anything that I said that could possibly made your mind go back to 1845, the 13 original colonies, or anything else you said... The logic that you referenced appeared to me to be out of left-field, so to speak. BTW, the some that are not accidents of birth are referring to those who became naturalized citizens or other Americans who moved to Texas

Ok, compare the Big 8 as it was to the SEC or Big 10. Two good programs does not a conference make... Thanks for playing :lol:

You are right - the Big 8 (and I went to school at Mizzou for a while) was always and only the Big 2 and whoever lined up to get crushed. Now, however, I am in Big Ten country and finished at Ohio State so I do get worked up about how powerful the Big Ten is - until bowl time. Dammit.

You are right - the Big 8 (and I went to school at Mizzou for a while) was always and only the Big 2 and whoever lined up to get crushed. Now, however, I am in Big Ten country and finished at Ohio State so I do get worked up about how powerful the Big Ten is - until bowl time. Dammit.
I'm surely glad you ended your post as you did, after the Ohio State reveal. I would have been forced to administer noogies :a6: while smiling at the Woody Hayes legacy/curse. :tongue:

I'm surely glad you ended your post as you did, after the Ohio State reveal. I would have been forced to administer noogies :a6: while smiling at the Woody Hayes legacy/curse. :tongue:

Like you need to...everyone else does it every year and lately, we just self administer (while self-medicating)

I'm not sure which logic brought you to your point about the UK:confused: But my point was that an accident of Birth is how must of us are Americans. That is something that can be changed if desired (we can move to another country and denounce our citizenship). If a vast majority in any state didn't want to be part of America anymore, I think they should be able to change that if they desire. Notice this is the choice of the people, not Mexico or Spain swooping in and taking back anything... I don't see anything that I said that could possibly made your mind go back to 1845, the 13 original colonies, or anything else you said... The logic that you referenced appeared to me to be out of left-field, so to speak. BTW, the some that are not accidents of birth are referring to those who became naturalized citizens or other Americans who moved to Texas

Many have said there is a fine line between genius and insanity. I tend to wander on both sides of thee line occasionally!

I see your point and rather than explaining what I meant I'll leave you wondering for the rest of your days... :lol::lol::lol::lol: :devil:

Well, we may have flopped (I say we as a big fan who did not attend The Ohio State University) in a couple national championship games there, and lost a nail bitter this last season (which is how this post is vaguely on topic, as we played Texas :001_smile), but at least we were there. I also seem to recall a team, from the not too distant past, that went undefeated and won the national championship. Here's to dominating the Big Ten next season, and yes, hopefully finishing off the year a little better (or better yet, starting the new year on a good note).

Many have said there is a fine line between genius and insanity. I tend to wander on both sides of thee line occasionally!

I see your point and rather than explaining what I meant I'll leave you wondering for the rest of your days... :lol::lol::lol::lol: :devil:

The only problem with this is that I didn't think about that again until I just happened to stumble across it again :lol:

Has anyone seen the t-shirt yet? I've seen it on the news, but haven't heard of any actually hitting the street.

For those who haven't heard (but still care:cool:), the t-shirt has a picture of his hairness with
TEXAS GOP CLASS OF '09
Gov. Rick Perry
"Most Likely To Secede"

H

Hanzo

LOL. Texas Independence is a interesting idea but totally absurd in realizing. The Federal Government with the the most expensive military in world history will never allow it. The U.S. military would invade the state, jail the Texas rebel leaders declare martial law and pacify the population. We have done that historically to Haiti, the Dominican Republic , Panama , Nicaraqua and Grenada so whats the stop that from happening to their neighbor Texas.

As for world public opinion. The rest of the world would be indifferent or just laugh at Americans. With the U.S. largely seen as a powerful warmaking rogue state and Texans thought of as loud supporters of American militarism, nationalism and interventionism the world would find it enormously funny for Texas to face what they supported against others.

No world power would offer any support, not even verbal, because the Fed is like the global system's mafia. We don't have 800 military bases around the world, the largest nuclear arsenal, and a fleet of Aircraft Carriers cruising around for DEFENSE but to enforce our dominance of the global system so foreign government interference in secession would be about as tolerated as when Native Americans made allies with the British, and we know what happened to the Native Americans.

Top Bottom