What's new

TechGemStein

A good razor made even better.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Very interesting! Did you do that yourself or did you find it like this? If so, how did you do it? I've wondered about adapting one of the GEM chain link handles to fit a Gillette DE head. I don't have a GEM yet, but I'm assuming it would not be just as simple as screwing a Gillette head onto the GEM handle (or in your situation the reverse). In any event, nice work!

You can't just screw it in, you need some sort of adapter with two male ends on it. Or to put a gillette head on a gem handle, two female ends.

...because a BBS shave shouldn't be hit or miss...
proxy.php

R

rainman

The short handles always did bother me with the gems. Couldn't you just use screws like these on a hex of the right size?

Brian said:
Very interesting! Did you do that yourself or did you find it like this? If so, how did you do it?

The short handles always did bother me with the gems. Couldn't you just use screws like these on a hex of the right size?

I used the screw from an old black plastic Gillette handle that mated up fine with the Gem. I just removed the screw from the original handle and epoxied the butt end it into the open socket of the Tech's neck. Done.

Since this Tech handle has its threads recessed well below the socket, a long enough hex screw from Fastenal would work better, but I'm too lazy to go get one. :blush: Whoever tries this next (and please post pics!), you'll want to go that route instead of epoxy.

I still prefer my Gillettes.

Thanks for looking and for the compliments!

Last edited:
As to attaching a Gem handle onto a Gillette head (going by the ones I have, anyway), it would take a lot of surgery on the head to remove the screw, plus retapping a hole. Not sure there's enough material there to do it. The right adapter in between would work, but it'll look like what it is - an adapter.

I tried to figure out a way to get the screw out of the Gem handle but danged if I could figure out a way to do it w/o destroying the threads.

Last edited:
Top Bottom