What's new

Surprise by the bay

I was completely suprised by how much this Gillette went for in this condition. I just guess you can never tell what something is worth to someone. I was hoping to get it and have it re-plated for an everyday razor. I hope it went to a good home.

I'm still confused as to why people leave the blades in the razors for photos, and often ship them too. Everyone (I'd hope) knows the blades are disposable, weren't shipped in the razor, can and should be taken OUT of the razor after eons in the garage. Baffling, I tell you.

I've actually been quite pleased to have blades shipped in the razors when I've purchased some oddballs that take special blades. Having it there allows me to use it as a template or cutting a standard blade.

I've actually been quite pleased to have blades shipped in the razors when I've purchased some oddballs that take special blades. Having it there allows me to use it as a template or cutting a standard blade.

I will concede this as the one exception to my above sentiments. :001_rolle

I have a 1941 Ranger Tech (the same razor as this one, but not in gold....this being B&B, I also have a 1946 Milord, this same razor, but with end caps).

You are in for a treat. I had moved away from TTOs, but these are both simply excellent shavers and are in my top three list out of the eighteen or twenty razors I have used.

I looked at this one and if I did not already have two, I would have bid on it.

Good score!

Everyone that has old razors laying around are posting them, 4 to 6 months ago prices were steady and predictable but know the market on bay is flooded. Great for buyers sucks for salers.

From personal experience I can say that old people ...
a) were not as old then :001_smile
b) did not use 50 year old blades :001_smile

Hmm...Perhaps it did come out wrong.

ANYHOW. I notice youre from Liberty Hill. For no apparent reason I'll mention: I pass through there quite often for work. Interesting little place you've got there.

I've often gone to antique stores where DE razors had blades still in them. I usually take a look at it and make sure that it's not a rare early gillette blade, and then tell the owner "these do nothing for the value and only pose a hazard to potential buyers." At that, I throw it away.

However, if I am looking at a single edge blade, those early GEM's are very nice and harder to come buy- I keep them.

Top Bottom