Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Scotland

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • England

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Ireland

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
I think Ireland will be tough to beat this year, but there could be a touch of bias here. The provinces have been playing well and Leinster make up the bulk of the Irish squad. France are France, but their consistency has been improving over the last couple of years and they have talented youngsters too.

I think for me what I have really enjoyed in the past couple years is how level the playing field has become. I think in the world of national rugby ever since Ireland beat New Zealand a few years back the ability for the northern hemisphere in Southern hemisphere and all national teams has drastically changed.

If you were to tell me in 2009, Ireland second to last grand slam, that on any given Saturday the Scottish team could beat anyone in the six Nations other than Italy I would have laughed at you. Today, if you go to Murrayfield you're lucky if you escape with a win no matter how good the team.

England fan here. Jones makes some baffling selections and his insistence on players like Youngs who is just too slow compared to Randall leaves me utterly infuriated. Scotland must be equally infuriating for their supporters, one good result against England which seems to be the limit of their ambition and then do little else in the rest of the tournament. France are the most likely winners this year but will they hold their form until next year's RWC?

Great game against the French last weekend. Shame we lost though. I have a few bob on them winning RWC 2023. I can see them winning this years 6 nations too.

I haven't gotten a chance to watch last week's Scotland Wales game yet. I think I will push back on Scotland only ambition is to beat England however. I think they have their eyes set on much larger ambitions, their under 21s for the past 5 years have been solid. They had a lead in the second half of the Wales game and a yellow card led to wales taking the lead. Obviously it's more nuanced than that however they are competing and had a lead in the second half in a stadium where they haven't won in 20 years

I haven't seen anything of it yet (KO was 1am here), only read the reports, sounds like England defended well but from all accounts offered little in try-scoring opportunities - one against Scotland and a gifted one against Wales and now nilled at home, just not good enough EJ. Clear your desk mate.

The question is whether they think they can replace him with something better before the world cup.

What a great finish for France and Italy. I would never have belived Italy winning it unless I saw it.

The question is whether they think they can replace him with something better before the world cup.

What a great finish for France and Italy. I would never have belived Italy winning it unless I saw it.
The Italian U20s also had a few good results. Hopefully they progress through to the senior team.

Jez...I missed this thread and now the matches are done. Three cheers for Ireland taking the grand slam but
I reckon that the French will be tough to beat in RWC 2023.

Top Bottom