What's new

Pinaud Clubman Shave Cream and Shave Lather

Has anyone used both of these products? Shave cream is in the tub, shave lather is in the tube. I saw a couple posts that the cream is to be applied by hand, not by brush, and the scent was good...I assume the same as the aftershave. I didn't see any posts about the shave lather in the tube.

I haven't used either -- I guess you have to buy them from the Pinaud website? Or are they available from vendors like Italian Barber? Clubman's Special Reserve aftershave, the classic original, and their powder all have fantastic scents. I can imagine their shaving cream would be the same.

ETA: Yes, IB has the cream in a tub listed, but it's sold out. As are a lot of their offerings.

I haven't used either -- I guess you have to buy them from the Pinaud website? Or are they available from vendors like Italian Barber? Clubman's Special Reserve aftershave, the classic original, and their powder all have fantastic scents. I can imagine their shaving cream would be the same.

ETA: Yes, IB has the cream in a tub listed, but it's sold out. As are a lot of their offerings.
I was on the Pinaud Clubman website and discovered they make a lot more than the one aftershave I'm familiar with, the only one I've ever seen in the store. I love that scent. I was curious if anyone had used the lather in the tube, since I'd found a couple mentions of the cream in the tub when I did a forum search, but not the tube.

I was on the Pinaud Clubman website and discovered they make a lot more than the one aftershave I'm familiar with, the only one I've ever seen in the store. I love that scent. I was curious if anyone had used the lather in the tube, since I'd found a couple mentions of the cream in the tub when I did a forum search, but not the tube.

Careful , once you go down the clubman rabbit hole there's no going back !

I recently bought a tub of the cream. As crazy shavers suggested, the scent is pretty restrained. I like the slickness of the cream. I'll probably seek out a tube to try for travel.

After having used the tub of Clubman shaving cream off and on, I've decided it's not my favorite. It has decent slickness and the scent takes me back to getting my haircut as a kid, but the texture is just too runny for me. I find it dripping off my face and ending up everywhere. I may or may not use up the tub, but I don't plan on replacing it.

I'm a couple years late to this so I tried to attach my comment to the "newest" thread on the subject. I understand most reviews here were poor for the thin lather-less tub of "Classic Barber Shave Cream," but reading between the lines on description, isn't everyone essentially describing a Clubman version of a Molle?

I understand that Molle creams are a bit lost to history and likely not to the taste of the vast majority of people anymore, but I don't know why, for some reason I love having them on hand, even if not for every day. If it kind of smells like Clubman, all the better.

Love Lucky Tiger's version as well. Theirs seems hard to come by these days, and between prices being all over the place online, and it not being mentioned on their website anymore, it kinds of has the signs of having been quietly discontinued. So far my e-mail has gone unanswered. So all said I think I'm going to make an order next time I restock.

I like the Classic Barber Shave Cream for travel or on the rare occasions when I am pressed for time. I load it into a 2 oz glass pump bottle. Wet my face and hands and rub in about 1 ml of cream. It's very slick and gives me a good shave regardless of water hardness.

Doesn't lather and you need to shave by memory, but if you need to touch up an area, it has great residual slickness.

Top Bottom