What's new

Photos of Our Fine Feathered Friends

Gillnets and eiders don't always mix so well.

Attachments

• $DSC_0237.jpg
    $DSC_0237.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 93
  • $DSC_0240.jpg
    $DSC_0240.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 93
  • $DSC_0242.jpg
    $DSC_0242.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 93
  • $DSC_0247.jpg
    $DSC_0247.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 95
Thanks!

This happens almost every spring. Unfortunately in half of the cases the birds have already drowned. This one was more lucky. Still it must be quite a shock for the bird to get stuck in the net and then trying to stay calm while waiting for its limbs to get untied.

Here are a couple I took this spring. The first is a young american robin. The grounds crew on campus was mowing the lawn around my building and this little guy flew up to my balcony to stay out of the way. He just sat there chirping and singing until they were finished. The second is a northern flicker (yellow shafted variety, though you can't see the yellow feathers in the picture). I just spotted this one once in the trees outside the bedroom window.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marc that black cockatoo is fantastic! Cockatoos are such characters. We had one of the small ones (Goffin) and there wasn't a cage made that she couldn't end up breaking out of.... then she would break out my cherry headed conure....
I have a Goffins crazyatoo as well. Her name is Coconut she was supposed my wife's but attached herself to me.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I took this one while out by the dock a few days ago he/she let me get within a few feet before flying off.
proxy.php

Top Bottom