What's new

pearl semi slant

Bought this razor from maggards because it was dirt cheap. 15 bucks. razor is well made, comes with a long ugly stainless steel handle. packaging from pearl is top notch. they do give you a lot of stuff for your money. you get washers, a microfiber cloth, some razor blades, and of course, the razor. The razor is extremely mild. Not efficient for me at all. I don't care for the long handle either. the thing that bothers me with pearl razors is that the channels in the razor get clogged very easily and that is with frequent rinsing after a few strokes with the razor. 15 bucks down the drain, but no big deal. The razor looks nice, the packaging that comes with the razor is top notch, but the razor itself is not efficient at all. Pearl razors are well made, but they are either too aggressive or too mild. All of the pearl de razors I have I don't particularly care for. I used them a few times and maybe I will use them in the future, but they don't wow me. Pearl handles in my opinion tend to be ugly and don't have a particularly good grip on them. I was wondering if anyone else shares these views about pearl razors. what are your thoughts on them? I love their packaging and all the extra stuff they give you, but their razors just don't wow me.

Well IMHO you could have bought a Vintage Gillette Tech Razor in need of love for $15.00 off the E-bay, and had something after 30-45 minutes cleaning up, polishing, you would have had something good.

Bought this razor from maggards because it was dirt cheap. 15 bucks. razor is well made, comes with a long ugly stainless steel handle. packaging from pearl is top notch. they do give you a lot of stuff for your money. you get washers, a microfiber cloth, some razor blades, and of course, the razor. The razor is extremely mild. Not efficient for me at all. I don't care for the long handle either. the thing that bothers me with pearl razors is that the channels in the razor get clogged very easily and that is with frequent rinsing after a few strokes with the razor. 15 bucks down the drain, but no big deal. The razor looks nice, the packaging that comes with the razor is top notch, but the razor itself is not efficient at all. Pearl razors are well made, but they are either too aggressive or too mild. All of the pearl de razors I have I don't particularly care for. I used them a few times and maybe I will use them in the future, but they don't wow me. Pearl handles in my opinion tend to be ugly and don't have a particularly good grip on them. I was wondering if anyone else shares these views about pearl razors. what are your thoughts on them? I love their packaging and all the extra stuff they give you, but their razors just don't wow me.
Excellent thorough review! It is unfortunate that the razor isn't working out for you. I was thinking about buying it but now maybe/probably not? I have not tried any other Pearl razors yet but the Pearl Semi Slant was something that peaked my interest.

I do have the Parker Semi Slant which I really like. It seems fairly efficient yet still pretty comfortable to use and I like the way it looks. I also have the RazoRock German 37 slant and the Merkur 37C slant both of which are really great shavers.

I agree the price is hard to beat. The handle is a little long IMO but overall the razor looks pretty good in the pictures. It is good to hear that other shavers like the razor!

Do you use any other slants? Maybe a helical slant will work better for you as they should be more aggressive than a semi.

The Pearl L-65 head looks chunky but wow, that is a great value if it works for you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom